Old 12-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
I feel your pain; I have lost two tires on I-95 in FL. If staying with ST tires, I would go with Maxxis, if you can find them. The best I could find were Carlisle’s. LT’s are better yet. All ST tires are Chinese including Goodyear. Maxxis are made in Taiwan, but are of significantly better quality. Ask to see them, compare the thickness on the sidewalls between the Maxxis and whatever else they are trying to sell you. Remember to check manufacture dates, should be not more than a year old as they will age out in 4 to 5 years regardless of usage.

If you're some place for a few days and can accept UPS packages- you can always find Maxxis at Free shipping and competitive prices.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #12
Any updates yet Balckhat? Hate to hear about this but I'm glad everyones OK. There's no worse feeling than to have a blowout early in a trip just to worry about every other tire.

CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:27 PM   #13
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Yes, the tire monitor worked great. It told me when the blow outs happened!!! All pressures and temps were within parameters when they blew. I spent several days of our vacation hunting down "E" load tires to replace the "D" that came stock on the unit. They are not plentiful in the FL Keys. New tires carry 80psi rather than the 65psi of the "D"s. Glad I always carry two spares or we would have spent Christmas night on the roadside in South Miami.

Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires