Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #1

Travel update I-95 Connecticut NB

The state Department of Transportation announced it will implement lane closures on Interstate 95 northbound in Waterford as it performs an “accelerated bridge construction” operation. During an accelerated bridge construction project, a bridge section is built adjacent to its final location and moved into place quickly once constructed.
I-95 northbound over Oil Mill Road in Waterford will have one lane closed on Aug. 22 through Aug. 24, as well as on Aug. 29 through Aug. 31, according to a DOT news release.
Significant traffic delays are expected.
The bridge construction process consists of four “slides,” in which one half of each of the two bridges will be slid into place to accelerate construction and minimize inconveniences to drivers.
The first slide will begin at 8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 22, and is planned to be completed 34 hours later, at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24.
The second slide will begin 8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 29 and is planned to be completed at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 31.
Each of these slides will require one of the two lanes on I-95 northbound to be closed for the duration of the 34 hours. Significant traffic delays are expected and it is recommended that alternate routes are used during the closures.
The third and fourth slides are currently scheduled to be performed in October. A news release will be issued in the future to announce the exact dates. Lane closure information:
I-95 northbound highspeed lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Aug. 22 through 6 a.m. Aug. 24.
I-95 northbound lowspeed lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Aug. 29 through 6 a.m. Aug. 31.
Joefire50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel