Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #21

We like Massey's Landing and Castaways much better.
Rac8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yeah beautiful fw for sure.

700 seasonals are still a lot, on an after thought.. When we checked them out today, I think their map shows the seasonal sites and the available to camp sites right on it.
Yes, but their map does not match what I see in the satellite image. I am did not see a date on the satellite image. But I doubt they would tear down houses to make camp sites.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
Treasure Beach RV Park and Campground

what you are seeing in google maps Overview is all RVs... not houses...

but many of the RVs may be under roof now, have been parked next to a porch, or have been 'permanently' installed with a roof, porch, deck, etc... which many RV parks allow who have 'permanent' residents. If you zoom in, most all of the units while show their air conditioner units on top of the RV, which is the giveaway ...

most of the 'overnight' RV sites are near the front, close to the pool and kids play places...
I got a clearer image using Google Earth. Looks like you may be correct.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Friends just asked us to go to Frontier Town in August but at $102 a night even mid week I don't see that happening. That area is getting overpriced for us.

I like the idea of Delaware Seashore state park. But it's a few minutes north of OCMD.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I got a clearer image using Google Earth. Looks like you may be correct.
I am relatively new to the whole Camper / Campground thing...I look at NC campground reviews on this site and see many 4 and 5 star reviews. The first thing I do is go look at a sat image and I am often amazed at the fact that mor often than not those campgrounds look nothing like the website shows. It's typically a parking lot, or many seasonal sites, or parked so close together its ridiculous..I look and judge a campground more on that sat image than the website and reviews.. I have no desire to camp in places like that. I typically try to find something that looks promising and then take a trip to see the site in person before agreeing to make a reservation there. most of my camping is 1-4 hours away so this isn't a problem..
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I am relatively new to the whole Camper / Campground thing...I look at NC campground reviews on this site and see many 4 and 5 star reviews. The first thing I do is go look at a sat image and I am often amazed at the fact that mor often than not those campgrounds look nothing like the website shows. It's typically a parking lot, or many seasonal sites, or parked so close together its ridiculous..I look and judge a campground more on that sat image than the website and reviews.. I have no desire to camp in places like that. I typically try to find something that looks promising and then take a trip to see the site in person before agreeing to make a reservation there. most of my camping is 1-4 hours away so this isn't a problem..
I have yet to visit a campground. I don't want to be packed in. I lived most of my life in an urban environment but moved to an area with more elbow room. Not interested in regressing unless there is a compelling reason for a short stay.

I am still telling my wife that we have to spend at least one night in the RV in our driveway before we do an overnight anywhere else.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I like the idea of Delaware Seashore state park. But it's a few minutes north of OCMD.
We are hop[ing to do that also in the summer.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We checked out both sides and for us the sites looked short but possible if truck parked elsewhere, also more like a parking lot and no shade, but a lot of people like it there for the beach and fishing.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #29

My son family were their last year. Got taken for a ride. All they showed was false and was charged FULL price for the site. Would go to cast a ways hands up before every going to this place
efgsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #30

For anyone looking to go to the Delaware beach area in the early or late season the Yogi Bear has a beat the clock special coming up next week, hope the link works.
http://files.constantcontact.com/6b8...63aed8f6fc.pdf
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:23 PM   #31

Thanks for all the advice and replies.

Bobby

Old 02-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #32

We've stayed at Treasure Beach the last 2 years for Delmarva bike week. Last year (2016) we got one of their new, pull-thru sites. Very nice...concrete pad, paver patio with a built-in fire pit and a nice high-top table and chairs. Full hookup sites. We'll go back...
Vengance5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #33

Stayed there last year for a weekend and booking a week there again this year. Like the resort. Price is reasonable for a "resort area " in summer. There are many permanent sites ( most of the park). We stayed near the pond last year and are booking there again this year. Would recommend looking at sites that are farther away from the main road. There is about a 10' fence that separates the main highway to the resort but we were on the end site and is was still a little loud with the highway right on the other side of the fence.

Pool area is nice. If I remember right, they have an adult only pool area so you can relax also.
Rdifuccia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg