Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #1

Trip planning advice needed

We will be taking our first retirement trip in about a year. No exact schedule and no exact time we will be on the road. Will be out there as long as it takes, cannot wait. Longest trip to date was 7 weeks and that was a blast.

Will be back and forth on here under many topics, state by state seeking advice on campgrounds, sights, advice etc... but I want to lay out basic plan and get some basic advice. We will leave from Brandon, Fl in Tampa Bay area and want to travel up the coast of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia ( we have spent lots of time inland on Blue ridge parkway and want a different route up) and all the way up eventually to Maine. We want to end up in Maine when the leaves are changing and work our way back down a little inland thru Vermont etc.. taking our time following the change of seasons and the leaves. Will end up in Western NC at our cabin to see end of fall foilage change there. We have a Surveyor 292 and pull vehicle is F150 FX2.

First question--when do I need to be in Maine to see leaves changing in the fall?? thanks for help on this start of planning the trip, many more questions under more Specific topics to follow.

Mike and Yvonne
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Leaf change for the "LEAF PEEPERS"

You can plan on the leaf change starting at the end of Sept, or it depends on the wet summers or not. It can vary by a whole month. Best to check on the Internet search for the "FALL FOALAGE" in the area you are interested in. The change can be in middle of Oct, as I said depends on the cool down period and amount of rain.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #3

Thanks for info--now I will seek info on individual threads about campgrounds and sights in each state on the way up and back.
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:13 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
You can PM me-------

Mike You can PM me about your trip for we are planning a trip to the same area Yankee Foliage - Your Source for New England Fall Foliage about the time, leaving Aug 27Th from Jacksonville,

I would like to discuss the trip with you.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote