Old 07-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #11

Thanks!

Rayax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I highly recommend Cherry Hill Park in College Park, MD. It's only a few minutes drive from one Metro stop, or there's a bus that will pick you up right by the park office and take you to the Metro (although it takes longer by going through College Park and to the University of MD).
I second this recommendation. We were at Cherry Hill for a few days in June. Wasn't nearly long enough to see the DC area. We drove and parked in the garage at the Metro station. It is a short drive, and parking is cheaper than riding the bus if there are more than two people.

Cherry Hill has activities in the park for kids, including splash pad for the littles. The snack bar/grill is small, but serves excellent burgers. The restrooms and showers were well maintained, too.

My only caution would be the time of day you drive into town. We came from I-81 in Virginia. We were forced by circumstance to arrive in the evening (after a flat) and spent at least two hours navigating the final 10 or so miles of I-66 and then the Beltway (I-495). If we'd arrived in early afternoon as we'd planned, the same distance should have been less than 30 minutes.

david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote