Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #1

Twin Grove Park Campground (KOA) experiences?

Thinking of doing a weekend up at Twin Grove Park Campground in Pine Grove, PA. The place looks decent; pool, arcade, small amusement park, golf, etc.

Reviews seemed favorable but I was a bit turned off when reading more recent reviews. Some people commenting the place went downhill, pool was gross, etc.

Are these just complainers? Anyone have any recent experience at this campground?

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

We live only a few miles from there but haven't been there in a few years but we do know a couple families that go regularly. I haven't heard anything bad from them. my wife will be seeing them in the next couple days and will ask. Stay tuned...
N3HCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #3

From the horse's mouth

Here's the reply we got from folks that go the Twin Grove often:

The campground is quite nice.
They have started to do some landscaping, so the sites and the roads are now discernable, which wasn't always the case.
They have sites for larger campers (There's is a 35'), including pull-throughs. The back-ins are easy to do.
They seem to be getting more "permanents," but there has not been any situations with them.
They have campground security.
They've added a second pool.
They also have Kabins, Lodges, and Quirts (Sp.?).
The restaurant has become "iffy." The food is good, but they always seem to be short on help. They now have a new trained chef who is trying to get it "back on its feet."

Hope that helps!
N3HCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Stayed there 2 summers ago. Really enjoyed the campground and activities. Ice Cream Parlor is very nice. Restaurant was nice, just a bit too busy for the number of help to handle though. We plan to go back later this fall.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #5

My family has been camping at Twin Grove for a long weekend every year for the last 4 or 5 years. I use the term camping loosely because we've always rented the cabins, but this year my wife and I will be in our new to us TT and the rest of the family will be in the cabins (parents, two sisters and their families.) The place is nice but they did have a BIG issue with one of the cabins last summer--bedbugs! They were in a rush to get the one cabin rented out and it was due for its regularly scheduled debugging spray, but they waited too long and my parents were due to check in, so they skipped it. Bad idea. Now, they were very apologetic, put my parents up in a hotel down the road, etc. The other two cabins were fine (they had been fumigated on schedule.) Of course, if you're in your own camper, this probably isn't a concern for you. The place itself is nice, the pool has always been clean when I've been there, the ice cream is good, but we've never eaten in the restaurant, we always cook. The sites are mostly open field type, not too much in terms of tree cover except on the edges of the property. Kids always have a blast, and we'll be there the second week in August this summer!
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote