Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Camper Less Camping

Twin Oaks RV Park in Elko, GA

By chance, I pulled into this park heading to Atlanta for an overnight, approximately 1/4 mile from I 75 exit, Chevron station with diesel located on the west side of exit.
Easy access and great shady pull thru sites with wide/level gravel pads-back in spots also, clean pool and quiet campground...great spot for an over night or couple of day rest stop. WiFi worked great and on site manager was excellent...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140710_093539.png
Views:	81
Size:	722.7 KB
ID:	57800

Old 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #2

We stayed there several times over the past years especially since it is right off I75. They work out very well, and primary reason we stop there is passportamerica discount.

We are driving a Dodge Durango and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have two Cairn Terriers. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dogs are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #3

Good news to hear, we plan to stop there next weekend and spoke to them seeing we are rather long with truck & camper and the man said no problem he had a 85' site to put us in.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Good news to hear, we plan to stop there next weekend and spoke to them seeing we are rather long with truck & camper and the man said no problem he had a 85' site to put us in.
They have very long sites...accommodate up to 90', you'll definitely fit and driving in & out of campground is a breeze
Old 07-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #5

That's good, I told the man there that I can park the Kenworth somewhere else after we unload the Smart but he seemed to think we would have plenty of room.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #6

We stayed there 2 nites this past spring. It was convenient to doing tourist trips in the area. Plus, the Passport America discount! The managers are professional & as stated previously very helpful. Easy access. We are retired military & could stay up the road at the AFB, but after driving through that park we will continue to stop at Twin Oaks. Great place to stop for just the night or to visit the area.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #7

We stayed there on our way to Florida last year. Very long sites (they gave us one of the front spots since we were just doing an overnight stay.) Great people and the place was pretty clean. The kids loved the pool. We fit with ease with our dually and 40+ fifth wheel.

QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote