Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #21
Director, FROG

James Island County Park in Charleston has beautiful sites, fishing and crabbing at the fishing pier in the park, water slides / water park in the park, just across the street from the campground, six miles of paved hiking / biking trails, climbing wall and (I think) ropes course.

Leave the park and it's just five miles to the Atlantic Ocean at Folly beach, with free access to the fishing pier and the county park there with the hang tag from the campground. Go downtown for horse-drawn carriage rides, museums, parks, and the cruise across the harbor to Fort Sumter. Cross the suspension bridge to tour an aircraft carrier, destroyer, submarine, and recreated Viet Nam era Navy encampment.

There's way more than you can do in a week.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #22

Grandson Trip

A lot of good suggestions for parks in Florida. It you plan to stay in any of the Florida state parks, get reservations early. You may find that many are already reserved for May and June this year. Savannah is also a good area w/ a lot of history, ghost walks, Boniventure cemetery, River Street, Paddle Wheel boat rides. This is a very dog friendly place. If you go I recommend the Oliver Bentley walking tour. They bring a dog and you are welcome to bring your dog along for the walk, they are a natural dog biscuit company. They did one of the best tour walks of anywhere we have been.
Last year we stayed a week at Panama City, Ripley's, beaches, amusement parks ,a lot of things for kids to do. Excellent beaches also. We got there late, and I was walking our dog that evening in the dark. As we were walking, I heard something make a loud trumpet, bellowing noise, and jumped. The next morning we realized there was a zoo on the other side of the fence from where our camp site was, LOL. Never heard the elephant again. Turned out to be an excellent RV park. Meet campers that had tried other parks, and had been coming back there for 10 yers after trying other parks.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #23

I just booked three nights there in June. Now I need to find some great parks along the way an back! Thanks for the info.