Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
RBR

Vermont & New Hampshire

This summer I will be traveling from Cooperstown NY to Wells Me. I would like to take the scenic route through Vermont & New Hampshire Rt 9 and 202. Are these steep mountains or an easy drive. I'll be driving a 31 ft class C pulling a 4000 lbs car. Any info would be helpful thanks in advance.
RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #2

You should not have any problems with your planned route thru VT and NH and your rig. If I were you I would have reservations at RV parks on the way. They, all of New England, have a short summer season and lots of people RVing and it is often hard to get an RV spot without reservations. Hope you have a great trip? That is a very nice part of the country. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
RBR

Made reservation today thanks for the info
RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #4

Rt 9 thru VT has some very long climbs up over the mountains. Nothing super steep just some really long grades. The high point is Hogback Mtn. 9 and 202 thru NH is pretty flat. Plenty of campgrounds along the way.
lanefj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanefj40 View Post
Rt 9 thru VT has some very long climbs up over the mountains. Nothing super steep just some really long grades. The high point is Hogback Mtn. 9 and 202 thru NH is pretty flat. Plenty of campgrounds along the way.
Yup, lots of uphill to Hogback on rt 9. Probably not an issue, but it never seems to end.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
driving thru Vt and NH is not an issue. watch for low clearances, have reservations and enjoy our area.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #7

Four years back on a trip through Vermont they had some of the worst roads I've ever encountered in the RV, especially Rt. 100. My take away is that they don't use many of their high tax dollars on their roads. Beautiful area though, enjoy the trip.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #8

We did Rt 9 from Bennington to Brattleboro in our previous MH - a 32' class C with no problems at all. Heading east, from Bennington there's a spot off to the right called "100 Mile View" please stop and check it out. It was spectacular. We didn't stop and I regret it every time I think of it!
knutter is offline   Reply With Quote