Old 08-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
What was the worst camp ground you have ever stayed at

We so love camping and all that it has to offer both the good and the bad. On our recent trip to boon North Carolina we booked a site at the KOA and four weeks prior and we're super excited until we arrived. First off we have been to a lot ok KOA camp grounds all along the east coast from mane to fla and will say this one was by far the biggest disappointment. From small sites to non friendly hosts. People flying up the dirt roads so fast that it took several minuets for the dust to settle but the dust was the small issue I went to the store tell them about my concern for people's safety while walking fearful of a child getting hit and was met with a oh well attitude. Their store (my pantry in the R V had more in it ) was a joke as well as the pool area. Like every place we go we made the best of it and will be going back to boon just not that KOA. Glad it was for only a weekend and not a week.

Clancy vibe272bhs

timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
S and H Campground in Indy! A $45 dump, barely enough room for the awning! Second worst was Cottonwood in Lansing Michigan, only $30 for a un level site!

B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
Have only been out 4 times, all fairly local (within 3 hour drive) and all have been good. Need to hear about the bad ones so we can stay away from those!
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360 IBL
2014 Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel 6.7 4wd Crew Cab Dually
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
KOA Greensboro Ga terrible
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
It's a toss up between Indigo Bluffs near Sleeping Bear Dunes (MI) and Williams County Fairground (MI). The former has a bright welcoming reception area and a dark, dismal, crowded campground behind it. The latter has the worst bathroom I've ever seen in a campground. The ladies room has an ill fitting curtain instead of a door on the stalls. The stalls in the men's room are so tight that your knees touch the door. Moreover both are pretty dirty and have really low toilets. On the plus side, it's an easy drive from there to the Henry Ford Museum.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
Rick (K8RWG), Joy, and Daffy (the spoiled Calico cat)

2014 Rockwood 8315BSS
2016 F250 SC LWB 4x4 6.2 3.73
Reese Dual Cam
Honda EU2000i
joy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
"The Catskill Adventure Resort" in New York- Have not been there in over 4 years, will never go back. Bathroom stall doors were shower curtains, half were missing. Tennis court had a tree growing in it. When we went to leave, I dumped my sewage and it came out of my friends sewer connection, all over his site. Manger could not understand how that was the campgrounds fault. Have not been back.

OH! wait the best part was the pool, which was actually nice, except when other "campers" would back their cars up to the pool fence, open the truck and blast their music. Staff would do nothing about this.

Live and learn......
2013 Rockwood 8281SS 5W, Reese Revolution
2012 Toyta Tundra Crew Max 5.7 4x4, Timbrens
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #8
Whispering Spruce in Balzac Alberta just outside Calgary, Trailer Park Boys show camp grounds is a step above this place.
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #9
This one was all my fault! Reserved a site on line at Wasatch Mountain State Park. Did a "Google Earth" look and selected a site in the upper loop. Looked nice and secluded. Lots of scrub oak and away from most other sites. Perfect!! When we arrived the host seemed a little confused about our reservation but wished us a nice stay. Arrived at the site and thought how in the world are gonna make this work?? Side slope was probably 2 ft. Turns out we had reserved a "tent" site with a long driveway. Used all my lego blocks, tri-leveler and 2x4's and was still 2 bubbles off level.
So, We cooked on the picnic table with the BBQ, relaxed on the tent pad in our easy chairs and generally made the best of it.
Silver lining, When we retired for the evening, DW was forced to "cuddle" due to the angle of dangle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3324.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	682.6 KB
ID:	85480  
FR Wildwood 22 RKS
2007 1/2 Dodge 2500, Cummins 6.7
Retirement training completed
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
Too many to list! All kidding aside, thank goodness the good ones stand out in my memory.

Big Johnny
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500
2014 Micro Lite 23LB
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote