Old 02-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #1

williamsport Pa area

Looking for some idea's, we are going to spend a week beginning of July in Williamsport area can be a big radius. I have looked at eagles point Adventure bound, stony forks creek and twin streams campground. Any recommendations on these or others. After this we will travel to finger lakes area (syracus NY) for another week. We like to sit up around the fires past 11pm and have a few beers although not to load, group of 4 families been traveling together for years never in this area. Full hookups are nice to have...
Thank you all

2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #2

Be sure to take your Ball gloves! Youroo!!

Old 02-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #3

We stayed at the Nittany Mountain KOA just outside of Williamsport for the World Series in August last year.

Campground was very nice, staff and neighbors were exceptional, wasn't crowded, which was surprising considering we were there while Williamsport is at it's busiest time of the year (Little League World Series tournament).

Some of the regulars (I'm assuming seasonals) set up a human Foosball court across from the park which was a lot of fun to watch.

We have a tendency to stay up a little late enjoying the campfire and adult beverages and never had an issue (we tend to try to be quiet).

Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA | Camping in Pennsylvania | KOA Campgrounds

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

X 2 in the Williamsport South KOA. We stayed there a couple years back and we enjoyed our stay. More seasonal campers than overnighters but lots for the kids to do and friendly staff.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #5

We have camped several times at Nittany Mountain KOA. Actually, we are putting a seasonal there this year. New playground for kids, pool, jump pillow. Lots of trees. Warning though, there are only minimal full hook-up sites. If you choose 50 amp full hook up it is the only part of the park that isn't shaded. You sit in the full sun.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:12 PM   #6

Check out www.riverandfun.com in shamokin dam about an hour south of Williamsport also a few places around wellsboro pa with Grand Canyon area

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #7

Thanks for the feed back, as we travel with three other couples here is what we decided on based on location for two week trip. As the Lancaster area was the location of choice for the first week we booked in at Eagles peak Adventure Bound campground. With the only family with kids that still travel I got them to wave the 15.00 fee a night for my two teenagers that still love camping at 19 and 18 yrs old (that was nice). Fortunately they both can get off work from summer jobs. While I wanted Williamsport we ended up more in the pocono's for second week and have booked in at Mountain Vista Campground for the latter week. Now I just have to wait to pick up my new all aluminum f150 V8 3.73 max tow, manufacture date set at march 30th...
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #8

Button wood on the river was nice
Old 03-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #9

We did Twin Streams 3x. clean bathrooms, laundry, wifi by the front porch. We go there every so often.

2005 Silverado 2500HD
labcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #10

X3 for Nittany Mountain KOA. We out ran a severe line of T storm last summer on our way back from Ohio. Our stay was only an over nighter, but worked just fine as a place to dodge the weather. My wife enjoyed the kids petting zoo. Lots of lil' animals to see and feed.

1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport