Old 06-22-2015, 10:53 AM   #1

windsor ont. to eagles peak harrisburg pa travel help needed

This Saturday we will be leaving Windsor for Harrisburg Pa.. Will use Ohio turnpike (tolls21.00) but thinking of staying on I80 into PA through to 322 and down towards location to avoid the tolls on I76. I80 in Pa no tolls from what I can see. If I calculate proper with a 32 ft. dbl .axel travel trailer I76 tolls to Harrisburg will be close to 50 US x 4 families traveling together each pulling similar trailers. Any one see any problems with this route or better suggestions? I did a satellite Bing map view of 322 while there seems to be some twist and turns the road looks okay, I figure will take approx. 30 minutes longer thou. Any suggestions are much appreciated even if you say pay the tolls much quicker and better rd.

2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
This Saturday we will be leaving Windsor for Harrisburg Pa.. Will use Ohio turnpike (tolls21.00) but thinking of staying on I80 into PA through to 322 and down towards location to avoid the tolls on I76. I80 in Pa no tolls from what I can see. If I calculate proper with a 32 ft. dbl .axel travel trailer I76 tolls to Harrisburg will be close to 50 US x 4 families traveling together each pulling similar trailers. Any one see any problems with this route or better suggestions? I did a satellite Bing map view of 322 while there seems to be some twist and turns the road looks okay, I figure will take approx. 30 minutes longer thou. Any suggestions are much appreciated even if you say pay the tolls much quicker and better rd.
322 leads all the way to Atlantic NJ. It does lead through some minor mountains as does I 80. Not an interstate but not bad of a highway.
Plan your route through Harrisburg carefully, seems lots of deadends.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:01 PM   #3

You shouldn't have any problem on 322. All 4 lane from State College to Harrisburg. Gets a little hectic in Harrisburg, but shouldn't be a problem. And you are correct no tolls on 80 and 322.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #4

Eagles Peak is a great campground. The only bad things are the steep inclines to get to the camp ground. Oh, and the roads are narrow too. But lots of people do it. Just take your time once you get off of the major highways.

Tags
travel