Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allards5 View Post
All -

Thanks for the great suggestions. I appreciate it.

@cfsoistman & rockwood06 - Already booked at Old Mill Stream for June - the boys love Dutch Wonderland and Strasburg Railroad. Stayed there last year - the Amish couple that came through the campground in the mornings with their wagon of homemade goodies was a real treat. We were just at Udvar-Hazy Air & Space last weekend - we're about 30 mins away and it's a favorite place to spend a day.

@cfsoistman - When you went to Western MD Scenic RR where did you stay?

@mtnguy - Any recommendations for places to stay for Potomac Eagle RR?

- Karen
Karen, while you were at the Air and Space did you notice the new section? it the new Restoration Hanger. it's not open yet but will be soon. The new hanger is an additional 250,000 Sq Ft. There are two aircraft in there already just waiting for Smithsonian's Restoration crew to start working on them as soon as the building permits are releast and the punch list is complete.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I've been a TCA Member since 1989. I probably know that area as well as my own town. We've rode the Strasburg Train probably a dozen times, last time was 2009 in July. We frequent the Lancaster area. it's not too far away and there's plenty to see. Good food if you want to go out for dinner and plenty of Farmer's Markets etc. You have to go to the National Christmas Center if you've never been. It's so nice with all types of decorations from the past and over seas.

National Christmas Center - Family Attraction and Christmas Museum - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania | Home
We have not been at the National Christmas Center, but we will check it out. We camp in Hershey every weekend so that will give us just one other thing to do, thanks.......Charlie, have you eaten at Shady Maple? We may be going there for Easter.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
We have not been at the National Christmas Center, but we will check it out. We camp in Hershey every weekend so that will give us just one other thing to do, thanks.......Charlie, have you eaten at Shady Maple? We may be going there for Easter.
We've been there many times, generally on a weekday. Friday's and Saturday's are crowded. However, they are closed on Sunday though.

Smorgasbord

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by allards5 View Post

@mtnguy - Any recommendations for places to stay for Potomac Eagle RR?

- Karen
I haven't done that trip yet, so I am unfamiliar with the area. I hope to do that this year.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote