Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #1

Zooland Family Campground Asheboro, NC

Hello everyone,
Does anyone that has stayed at Zooland familty campground have some good full-hookup site recommendations? I've seen some reviews that the sites by the little river are more quiet, but reviews also said the lower areas in the campground can get muddy after rain. We have a Mini-lite 2504s.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #2

We've always stayed on the upper side. I've never had an issue with noise, but I also have 2 boys & a black lab, so I can tune a lot out. We try to take the TT out once a month for a weekend. Zooland is always our back-up plan. If we want to go camping, but don't want to explore something new or just want to stay close to home, it's Zooland. We've never had a bad experience there. The young lady who runs it is always very friendly. The kids love the play area and we love meeting the neighbors.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke3EMT View Post
We've always stayed on the upper side. I've never had an issue with noise, but I also have 2 boys & a black lab, so I can tune a lot out. We try to take the TT out once a month for a weekend. Zooland is always our back-up plan. If we want to go camping, but don't want to explore something new or just want to stay close to home, it's Zooland. We've never had a bad experience there. The young lady who runs it is always very friendly. The kids love the play area and we love meeting the neighbors.
Thanks for your comments Duke3EMT. Is the upper side sites 1-88? I assume the quieter sites are at the back of that loop?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #4

Yes. 1-88 is the upper side. I believe 40 or 61 is a permanent trailer. There are also some permanents in the 77-88 row. The map is off a bit. Mini-golf is right next to 1. I'm heading there tomorrow for the weekend. I'll try to pay attention to the noise level for you.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #5

My dad doesn't hates my house because I have beige walls and cream trim in the living room. It's too loud. It should be Pure White.

Not that color has anything to do with noise, but my opinion of quiet at a campground may be completely different than yours.

We were in site 71 and my mom was in 70. We're not typically that high up, but there was a wedding...

Sites 73-76 and 84-88 are permanent sites. A lot of the other upper sites are long term (monthly) rentals. The guy in 50 had been there since September, except for 3 weeks in October. Only permanents are aloud to stay for the whole month due to the waiting list they get for the Halloween festivities.

Quiet hours are 10PM - 8AM. For the most part, everybody respects that. Friday night was crickets only making noise during those hours. Around 9AM Saturday morning, the place is crawling with people and kids. It's a fantastic place for kids. Saturday night was a bit different. There was a wedding and reception at the campgrounds on the lower section (120-121 site area). The campground was full of campers for the wedding. The DJ wrapped up around 10 and then there was still a few partying on the lower side.

Pisgah Covered Bridge Rd is pretty busy during the day time, but is pretty quiet at night. I think we heard 1 or 2 rednecks with the singing mud slinging tires and 2 chamber Flow Masters on Saturday night.

And there were maybe a handful of us that sat out with our campfires until midnight-ish. But not much for noise in my opinion.

I hope this helps. Happy Camping!
Old 05-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #6

Have you guys stayed at any of the other campgrounds around the zoo? I have read reviews on 3 or 4 of them, including Zooland, and there were complaints about all of them, mostly non-level sites and mud.

Do you think Zooland would be the best bet over the rest of them?

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #7

We have not stayed anywhere other than Zooland while in Asheboro and only in the upper section, 1-88. We typically stay in the first 3 rows, specifically sites 2-4, 11-14, 22-25. These sites are fairly level and have a bit of grass. This week we were in 71 and had to level up the left side about 3 inches and it was a bit dusty. I can see where it would be muddy in the rain. (Knock on wood)we have never experienced rain there.

The people who stayed across from us had spent 3 weeks at Deep River. They said it was very hilly.

As far as the reviews go, different strokes for different folks. I highly recommend Zooland. We've never had a bad experience there. But, for me, it's time with the family and I'm not at work.

The other places around Asheboro, I can only base an opinion on what they list as amenities and the pictures they have posted.

When shopping campgrounds, we look at the amenities for the kids. Our kids live for electronics. Zooland offers enough non-electronic activities to keep the kids occupied for a long weekend. The others, from what I see on their sites, would not keep the children happy.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #8

Thanks for the valuable input Duke3EMT. We are going to check it out soon, and stay on the upper level.

Our goto campground is the Poplar Point area at Jordan Lake State park, which I recommend for a long weekend if you don't mind not having a sewer hookup.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #9

We will be in Poplar Point next month. I forget which loop. We've done loop B several times. They had nothing lakeside for June though. Parkers Creek wasn't too bad. No electric in the lakeside sites though.

Tags
mpg