Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Thanks again for the help and I may be back with a few follow up questions to tidy up about the towing once I weigh the TV for the real weight Thanks for all the great information.

I have looked at the WDH and seen it approx a little less than $700. You all have saved me about $300 in suggestion in looking at RV Wholesales.

It is odd that I have researched and looked at all the makes and models that are out there when I considered of upgrading our PUP. After all this looking and research I did I narrow it down to one manufacture and that was Forest River. Once I did that I come to realize that my Trailblazer is not the best suited TV for a Hybrid or TT with the exception of the smallest ones.

With that I got it down to the Forest River HW27KS or the SC.
If the great people here at the Forest River Forum helping in answering all my questions are any indication of what I see of the style and workmanship of the Forest River line I will have nothing but years of great experiences.

T_BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant
well, don't be hasty and judge FR's quality, by the quality of the members here.

unfortunately, quality is not a common thing in the RV industry, anymore.
it's all about production and being lean. and it's true for all brands unless you're dropping a million down for a custom DP Class A.
but, IMHO, FR products offer the best quality/fit&finish for the best price.
can you find better quality, probably but at a higher price. can you find a better price, maybe but you won't get the quality and features that FR offers.
for me, FR offers a great balance of both issues, price and quality.

i also think that Reese makes a WDH for large popups that is very popular for PUX members. PUX is Popup Explorer, the top popup owners' website.

bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #13
You should add air lift 1000 to stablelize the trail blazer .They worked great on my trail blazer towing a 4200 lb trailer. I saw a set on craig's list for $50 new

2007 Chevy Tahoe
2011 Rockwood 2604ss New 10/10
2004 Surveyor 233t Sold
2010 Camping Nights 42
adkjake is offline   Reply With Quote