Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
mike06081969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 247
Many thanks to everyone for your advice. Several posted charts and they have been quite helpful. I happened to be in the town where I purchased my fifth wheel today and stopped by the dealership to pick up some RV Wash & Wax and a new heavier duty city water connection for my camper, so I asked the service manager about the tires. He said he didn't know why they told me I needed to get a set of 10 ply tires because what I have on it now is what I need. Thanks again!
__________________

__________________
Mike in Tennessee
Former 2 time FR owner
2007 Crossroads Cruiser 30QB Fifth Wheel
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 38
Im surprised you dont have E range tires on your F-250 already. That powerstroke weighs a ton and the added support the tires give you by increased PSI would help stiffen that truck up for sure.

Go check out the door jamb sticker for recommended inflation and let us know what it says, im curious now as to why you dont have the heavier tires on that heavy truck.
__________________

__________________
2007 Cherokee 28A+
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 CTD 6spd 4x4 Quad Cab
www.dogandtrailer.com
DogandTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
mike06081969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogandTrailer View Post
Im surprised you dont have E range tires on your F-250 already. That powerstroke weighs a ton and the added support the tires give you by increased PSI would help stiffen that truck up for sure.

Go check out the door jamb sticker for recommended inflation and let us know what it says, im curious now as to why you dont have the heavier tires on that heavy truck.
It does have Load Range E tires. I messed up earlier when I said it had Load Range C. I had read on the tire where it has 6 plies, but it is a load range E. At any rate, due to the age of the tires and the fact that they are down to the wear bars, I am going to go ahead and put a set of Michelin E-rated tires on it.
__________________
Mike in Tennessee
Former 2 time FR owner
2007 Crossroads Cruiser 30QB Fifth Wheel
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 38
Gotcha... i saw that from before and I guess I didnt see where you corrected yourself. Glad to hear you got the right tires! that could have been a disaster if you didnt!
__________________
2007 Cherokee 28A+
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 CTD 6spd 4x4 Quad Cab
www.dogandtrailer.com
DogandTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
mike06081969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 247
Got my new Michelin LTX A/T2 275/70-18LREs put on this afternoon. They look great and ride very smoothly. I'm well pleased. They weren't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Thanks again for your replies.
__________________
Mike in Tennessee
Former 2 time FR owner
2007 Crossroads Cruiser 30QB Fifth Wheel
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
spinnaker335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hanover,MA
Posts: 6
LT or ST

Can LT tires be used in place of ST tires. Everything is the same except the letters LT & ST
__________________
spinnaker335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Darmegjadpas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bonnyville
Posts: 10
If you have a ford with conti tires around 2008 then check Continentals website they had a recall and are offering replacement and even credit back if you bought another set of tires to replace them.
__________________
Darmegjadpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
spinnaker335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hanover,MA
Posts: 6
I'm sorry,I meant on my 5th wheel.12000 lbs
__________________
spinnaker335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #29
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnaker335 View Post
Can LT tires be used in place of ST tires. Everything is the same except the letters LT & ST
Many Forum posts you will see say they are interchangeable; but this is the result of confusion over the LT designation. It is further blurred by some OEMs shipping trailer tires with LT designations as original equipment.

There are actually LT truck tires and LT trailer tires as well as the more common ST trailer tire designations. As I understand it, LT TRUCK tires must never be used on a camper. ST trailer tires or LT Trailer tires should only be used on trailers and never on trucks.

Trailer Tire Facts - Discount Tire
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maritimes, Canada
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Many Forum posts you will see say they are interchangeable; but this is the result of confusion over the LT designation. It is further blurred by some OEMs shipping trailer tires with LT designations as original equipment.

There are actually LT truck tires and LT trailer tires as well as the more common ST trailer tire designations. As I understand it, LT TRUCK tires must never be used on a camper. ST trailer tires or LT Trailer tires should only be used on trailers and never on trucks.

Trailer Tire Facts - Discount Tire

I've never seen that, who sells an LT trailer specific tire?

Could you provide a link by chance?
__________________

__________________
2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax w/Allison (w/EFI Live )
2011 Surveyor 235RKS (customized)
mtl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.