Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #11
Incheon, S. Korea
Originally Posted by Deyj28 View Post
I have looked at a few but really like the fully enclosed. I am also considering the 261bhxl, but am concerned about the lack of space it might have, not having a slide.
It's that light for a reason...

Find out what other Expy owners are happy pulling. There are tons of expy forums.

Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #12
We really like the Surveyor SP 260. Queen (short) bed up front, triple bunk beds (each with a window) and the table folds down for a bed. The kitchen slide is not as deep as others but makes a big difference in space. We have 3 kids and it fits our family nicely. Have had it 3 seasons and I still haven't found a layout I like better without going up to a much larger trailer with a rear bunkhouse. The weights work for our Expedition. Good luck.

2011 Surveyor SP260
2012 Ford Expedition
chof16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #13
EL or Shorty? Do you have the tow prep package (I am guessing yes)?

The tongue weight is going to be a tough deal with that trailer, assuming you are going to be hauling a bunch of people at the same time. I think our '13 Expy has a payload rating of 1500lbs. Take 1000 lbs for the hitch, and there is not much left. The tow package rigs are rated a bit a higher, especially if you got the shorty.
ST Williamson
Current TV:'14 F350 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4 Short Bed SRW Diesel w/ Pullrite 2700 (16K)
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Deyj28 View Post
Any recommendations on a nice tt that will sleep a minimum of 6 that the expedition can tow? Thanks all for your help!
We are on our way back to texas from Destin pulling a 26bh Primetime Avenger. Exp el pulls with no problems. Set cruise at 65 and enjoy the ride. For sleeping 6 with this setup you would need to fold down the table and couch. Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2016 Freedom Express 28SE
2013 Expedition EL

Days Camped 2016 - 35
Days Camped 2015 - 20
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote