Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Here is something stupid. Does the duty cycle increase with speed as opposed to standing still???
That is a good question. One that your Ram dealer doesn't know the answer to. One that Ram isn't telling. And doesn't answer why 2 members, including the one doing the scope work, had their 5er push them into intersections when they feel their last TV pulling the same trailer would have stopped in time.
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:18 AM   #42

I posted my 2013 Ram Truck brake controller issue on another forum and received this reply.

Originally Posted by jhenderson View Post
The itbm is partially controlled by the anti lock brakes and also the traction control systems. You won't get full voltage unless you are traveling at a factory pre determined speed. I don't like it either but I doubt Ram cares. Run that same test with your Fluke meter and enough jumper wire to get into the cab. Head down the road at speed and run the test. I had someone reading my meter for safety's sake. You'll get 12 volts initially, then it will lower as you slow down. I have no idea what they were thinking when they came up with this.

I replied to this posting with this question:
Does this apply to the itbm installed in the 2013 RamTrucks?
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
I posted my 2013 Ram Truck brake controller issue on another forum and received this reply.

Originally Posted by jhenderson View Post
The itbm is partially controlled by the anti lock brakes and also the traction control systems. You won't get full voltage unless you are traveling at a factory pre determined speed. I don't like it either but I doubt Ram cares. Run that same test with your Fluke meter and enough jumper wire to get into the cab. Head down the road at speed and run the test. I had someone reading my meter for safety's sake. You'll get 12 volts initially, then it will lower as you slow down. I have no idea what they were thinking when they came up with this.

I replied to this posting with this question:
Does this apply to the itbm installed in the 2013 RamTrucks?
He compared his 2015 to his 2013 Ram. The 2013 provide 96% duty cycle vs his 2015 only 63%.
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:15 AM   #44

Just dropped vehicle off at dealer with all my test results. Hopefully they can fix.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #45

Well got truck back from dealer. Dealer writeup- " No problem found. Trailer brake output is based on multiple modules and sensors. This means it looks at vehicle speed and additude based on engine controller and antilock brake controller. It will adjust brake apply voltage based on preprogrammed parameters that you will not be able to check sitting still. The controller knows it is at a 0 MPH and therefore does not fully apply the brakes."

Not sure what my next steps will be. Continue researching.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #46

My fellow 2015 Ram drivers. It is us or the truck? I've made one one trip of 200 miles with my rig since I purchased my Ram. Making another short trip in 3 weeks. I don't have a real good feel for the truck yet. Maybe it's just different. Although at a stop, my trailer brakes did not engage with the slider. I had mine in the shop last week. Nothing wrong with the truck. Maybe we should all file complaints with the NHTSA.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, brakes