Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #1

2012 Titan vs Work and play 21vfb

Anybody using this combo? I have the WDH. I think the Titan will pull it okay but wanted the opinions of people who know better than me. Thanks
skydiverchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #2

I have not looked at the weights. However, saw some folks this past weekend pulling one with a Tacoma. I am not saying it was safe, just that I saw it. They said the truck handled the trailer pretty well. They were using an equal-i-zer WDH hitch.
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #3

yea Campingwolliamsons I don't think pulling with a toyota Tacoma is a good idea, that what I was asking about a Nissan Titan.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #4

Well, on paper you're overweight: Titan max trailer = 9500#; VFB GVWR = 9684#

However, a couple bits of wisdom I've gleaned from reading multiple RV forums over the years are:
1. If it's an RV, you don't want it; they're all crap.
2. You can't tow even a garden tractor trailer without a minimum of a diesel 1 ton dually and WD hitch.

Have you weighed your loaded rig?
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #5

Skydiver...... FWIW
I had a 2005 Titan and a 2011 W&P 25 ULA ... With a generator... So it was pretty heavy. This is just my opinion !!!!!
I don't think you will be happy .. The truck will be maxed out, and by the time you get to where you are going, you will be maxed out from the white knuckle ride.
Also keep in mind the wear and tear on the truck.. Gears,brakes, suspension...etc...it will get pricey !!
Just my 2 cents..... Best of luck to you in whatever you decide !!!
Foneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #6

So, I have to say I was a little worried about towing this weekend with my titan. However, I was pretty impressed with how it handled. My toy hauler was loaded lightly as it was just me and my girlfriend and the bike. That being said the truck pulled great. 70MPH down the interstate, didn't struggle much more than expected going up the hills. held at 2000 RPM's on the flats and the TH wasn't blowing all over the place... I wouldn't load this thing up with two bikes and 4 people in the truck plus gear but I'm okay with what Ive got!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #7

Really happy it worked for you !!
Enjoy .... Happy Trails !!!
Foneguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, work and play