Old 03-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
It is a gas.
Don't know the differential ratio.
has the towing package.
The biggest problem you will face is filling-up this gas vehicle with the trailer attached. You will be anywhere from 45' to 53' long or longer. Now look at the gas island and how they are placed in most filling stations. Now try to picture the truck and camper pulling out of the filling station and clearing this gas store.

I pulled a 30' 5er with my 2001 Chevy 6.0L gas engine truck only twice total length was about 45'. After the last pull I told my DW either we get a diesel equipped truck or we sell the 5er. We are now on our third 5er a CC34RL being pulled by a 6.7L Cummins equipped truck.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
The biggest problem you will face is filling-up this gas vehicle with the trailer attached. You will be anywhere from 45' to 53' long or longer. Now look at the gas island and how they are placed in most filling stations. Now try to picture the truck and camper pulling out of the filling station and clearing this gas store.

I pulled a 30' 5er with my 2001 Chevy 6.0L gas engine truck only twice total length was about 45'. After the last pull I told my DW either we get a diesel equipped truck or we sell the 5er. We are now on our third 5er a CC34RL being pulled by a 6.7L Cummins equipped truck.
We are about 54ft going down the road and yes he will need to pick his gas stations very wisely. I have not had a real problem yet. Having owned big trucks I tend to be careful not to get into spots I know I can't get out of.
Also unless you are fueling your diesel trucks at truck stops ONLY the pumps can still be a bit tight for a long truck and tt or 5er.

Looking to purchase a Georgetown 364 ts Mh in the next couple of years.
mr dually is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, towing