Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2018, 06:53 AM   #21

I have a 2014 Tundra Crewmax and have looked into suspension upgrades just to maybe improve the trucks handling while towing. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints on how the truck handles now when towing. What I've found that most folks either will install Firestone Air bags or equivalent. I've also looked into adding a TRD factory torsion bar to the rear by Toyota. It just bolts on and I've read that improves the stability of the tow as well.
wingfield4601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #22

BigBear....I have the exact same truck setup. I thought that beefed up shocks were part of the towing pkg. Are they not enough? We are moving up from popup to travel trailer and I am looking at units a bit lighter than yours.
Kaptn Krabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #23

F-250 !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #24

Air lift ride rights 5000 Airbags with wireless air control module as your load changes your pump regulates.. as temperature changes so does the air pressure.. the module will still keep your ride right... as for failure as some say which I haven’t had, pressure loss is protected by an internal bump jounce.. if you want to make the system better you can hard pipe all air lines instead of their hard plastic polymer ones they provide!

I also like the fact I can create a southern style rear squat, level or even raked. I’ve never jumped the truck but it does well in off road conditions.. it corners a lot better with the RCD BILSTEIN Shocks especially with the RV behind it...
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:00 PM   #25
Site Team

I put airlift 5000 airbags on my 08 tundra when I got my first fiver. Keeps truck level and stopped the bottoming out on big bumps. I have the wireless remote and can add or remove air on the fly from the cab. I find 35 psi about right.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, suspension, tundra, upgrade