Old 11-20-2015, 08:52 PM   #161

Hello, I used Cruise with the Ecoboost, Locked at 60 mph, or 55 mph depending on which road. would drop to 5th sometime but mostly hold in 6th.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #162

2015 F150 Platinum Ecoboost- great tow vehicle!

If you're comfortable using cruise control, there's nothing about the ecoboost engine or transmission that will limit you from doing so.

I don't use it that much simply because if something goes wrong with the rig or anyone around me, I can react faster without having to disengage the cruise.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS
2013 Ford F-150 Ecobeast

Old 11-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTnTN View Post

I don't use it that much simply because if something goes wrong with the rig or anyone around me, I can react faster without having to disengage the cruise.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS
2013 Ford F-150 Ecobeast

Wouldn't anything that happens around you, involve some sort of brake input from you?
Wether be hard on them, or just a soft, gentle touch...

Thus, disengaging cruise.

Cruise gives you a much smoother drive. Not only for you, but everyone around.
Not having your speed, up, and down.

2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 11-21-2015, 12:16 AM   #164

I never use cruise while towing and believe it is unsafe to do so. Too many variables and too many vehicles on the highway. Come to think of it, I don't use cruise control when I'm not towing either for same reasons. If roads had little traffic, I'd use it but that's not the case.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:36 AM   #165

I used cruise every chance I get.
Also, with the engine brake, as soon as I touch the brakes, it comes on full. Helping me slow down.

I'd rather have a constant, set speed. Usually 10kmph under the speed limit.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 11-21-2015, 07:06 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Wouldn't anything that happens around you, involve some sort of brake input from you?
Wether be hard on them, or just a soft, gentle touch...

Thus, disengaging cruise.

Cruise gives you a much smoother drive. Not only for you, but everyone around.
Not having your speed, up, and down.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK

Braking is not always the right choice, but the biggest thing is time. A couple of seconds focusing on what you really need to do may be enough to make the difference between a good outcome and a bad one. This is all just based on my own personal experience pulling horse trailers a lot, and now the camper. I love cruise control, but an empty truck is a lot different than 15,000 lbs with a pivot point in the middle.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS
2013 Ford F-150 Ecobeast
Old 11-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #167

To each their own.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 11-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #168

BTW we had a factory recall on the Adaptice Cruise Control on the 2015 F150. There were issues with unexpected braking while passing large, highly reflective trucks. It happened to us a half dozen times while passing dump trucks on the interstate. The dealer had to reprogram the ACC. If you didn't get a notice check into it because it is a little scary when your vehicle jams on the brakes, especially if you're towing. We were lucky no one plowed into the back of us.

I did use the cruise when towing and I liked it, but the service rep recommended against the cruise when we were picking up the truck from having the recall issue taken care of.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyRetirees View Post
Why is everyone in such a hurry. RVing is to relax, smell the coffee, take your time. We usually do back roads - no stress, no traffic. When we are on the I's, we stay in the slow lane at 60 mph. We live in great countries with beautiful scenaries. Enjoy. Life is too short to rush through it. Bonus is that you will get better gas mileage.
Why do people assume that other people that drive faster than them are "in a hurry"? It's a common misperception. Some people are just as comfortable driving at a faster speed.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTnTN View Post
Braking is not always the right choice, but the biggest thing is time. A couple of seconds focusing on what you really need to do may be enough to make the difference between a good outcome and a bad one. This is all just based on my own personal experience pulling horse trailers a lot, and now the camper. I love cruise control, but an empty truck is a lot different than 15,000 lbs with a pivot point in the middle.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS
2013 Ford F-150 Ecobeast
Cruise control allows you to focus more on traffic and not worry about checking your speedo constantly. I disagree that it makes you pay attention less. On the other hand "feeling" the road is better with it off when in bad weather conditions so I only use it on the best days.

Tags
ecoboost, f150, tow vehicle