Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
Run 2 sep lines. You dont want 1 bag filling another going around a corner or a load shift. I put a remote controlled compressor on mine. Makes it easy to see pressure in each bag and fill / deflate when I connect/disconnect. Honestly I do it so frequently I cant imagine filling via the 2 ports I ran as backups .
I don't think any of these trucks have the handling capability to go through a turn fast enough to move the air from one bag to the other.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:15 AM   #22

So any one that have run the one fitting for both bags have you ever had any problem with air transferring or not working right because this is what I'm leaning toward doing until I can get the money for a compressor?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
So any one that have run the one fitting for both bags have you ever had any problem with air transferring or not working right because this is what I'm leaning toward doing until I can get the money for a compressor?
No problems. I can fill the bags through the schrader valve on the rear bumper or the onboard air compressor.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #24

I never had a problem with air transfer with bags tied together. I have the single zone compressor that fills/empties both bags simultaneously.

I called Air Lift with this question and they recommend the single zone compressor while towing a 5th wheel. However, if you have a cab over camper they recommend the two zone. With the higher center of gravity of the cab over the TV will have a tendency to roll in corners, thus causing air transfer between bags.

Also, if you load one side of your TV heavier than the other I would separate the bags. You can increase air on the heavy side to level the load.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ink.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	126919
Sorry for the crude drawing

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
I never had a problem with air transfer with bags tied together. I have the single zone compressor that fills/empties both bags simultaneously.

I called Air Lift with this question and they recommend the single zone compressor while towing a 5th wheel. However, if you have a cab over camper they recommend the two zone. With the higher center of gravity of the cab over the TV will have a tendency to roll in corners, thus causing air transfer between bags.

Also, if you load one side of your TV heavier than the other I would separate the bags. You can increase air on the heavy side to level the load.

Attachment 126919

Okay, thank you I got it now, I'm leaning to just have the one fitting to fill both bags, since I will be using it for towing my TT or hauling I don't never load uneven. I'm about to order the bags and I have the "T" fitting on the way also.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post

Attachment 126919

No problem I see now, I was able to blow it up some more so I can see.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #27

To Big1,
I think either way would be fine for what your doing at the end of the day, but just food for thought...
If you DO someday decide to install a compressor, they are designed to automatically monitor and fill each side separately. It also has a warning system which tells you if a bag (left or right) is leaking. If you do one circuit with the splitter then you can't narrow down one side, it will fill both sides the same. See picture below, shows the display which monitors left and right. Either way you'll be happy with your purchase! Merry Christmas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	126951  
Air Lift 5000 Air Spring w/ Internal Jounce Bumper & Wireless Air Leveling Compressor
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch- 18,000 lbs
Dutchmen Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:18 PM   #28

Yes sir, I am going to install a compressor with it but just not now or if I get some more money for Christmas or after, I order Firestone ride air bag, I got a good deal on those, just can't wait to install it.

Tags