Old 06-06-2015, 10:09 PM   #1

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250 brake controller questions

Hi Everyone:
We bought ourselves a 2016 Sunseeker 2250 on a 4500 Chevrolet chassis that includes the optional heavy-duty trailer wiring package,including the 7 pin connector at the rear of the vehicle by the hitch.I got a 2014 Chevrolet Express Owner Manual with this,and it says,"The four-wire harness assembly comes without a connector". One of my questions......"Is the 2016 Chevrolet Express chassis/wiring/running gear the same as the 2014 model?" Otherwise,this owners manual is useless..............(supposedly there is a four wire harness assembly that is under the dash/emergency brake area,but have had no luck finding that).

The chassis is a 4500 Chevrolet with the 6.0 litre V-8 engine.
I am trying to hook up a Primus IQ 90160 Brake Controller made by TEKONSHA. I haven't been able to find info online for this new of a vehicle,so thought I might post here for direction. (I did find an 8 pin connector with 5 of the pins active with wires,and the Primus controller connetor has a flat 4 pin connector with active wires,and of course the wire colors are not the same..............and I did take pix of everything I found and have that if anyone thinks that may be helpful). Any ideas?
Regards,Joel(Happy new owner)

Old 07-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #2

Hi,

We are having the same problem. Just purchased a 2250 and cant find the wiring harness to hook up brake controller. Were you able to find it ?

Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #3

try pulling the kick panel off behind the e brake and see if the harness is in there.
not sure if this helps but a place to look

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/silv...y-55257/page2/
Old 07-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #4

Thanks for the input, but since it is on a van chassis it is a little bit different and doesn't have that panel, that is all open. We did pull the panel by the driver side (kind of where your knee would be) and it wasn't in there either. I have an email into forest river, so maybe they can give me some insight!
Old 07-13-2015, 11:17 PM   #5

Wiring hook-up for our 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250

Well,after searching for the wire harness hook-up(with no luck),we did finally take it to a trailer wiring guru for him to help us. Looks like he too had to call Tekonsha and was lucky enough to get a good tech on the line. They did help him find the wires to plug into,but he says that Chevy no longer has a quick plug and place like in the past. Sorry,not able to help anyone on that!
regards,Joel
Old 08-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #6

We have a 2014 Ford 350SD 2250S, and I'm also trying to find the wiring. All ready have half the dash apart, any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #7

wiring for the Sunseeker 2250

Wow,didn't know the wiring harness thing would become such a subject/problem on these RVs............46chevy,I would contact the factory,or if you bought it from a dealer,try their service tech. We didn't have too much luck with our dealer,but that was mainly because we bought ours when the sales with RVs was in full swing(Memorial day holiday). I was referred to a trailer wiring guy who worked at an equipment rental/trailer sales store,I'm sure you can find someone in your area that will recomend a wiring expert. We payed the guy $150 to wire it in,well worth it to us(after I searched online/locally and even contacted the brake controller people via email). Good luck!
regards,Joel
Old 08-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
Bus Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46chevy View Post
We have a 2014 Ford 350SD 2250S, and I'm also trying to find the wiring. All ready have half the dash apart, any help would be greatly appreciated
If you look at the 10:00 position from the Stereo, You should find a "Small shelf" and a place for change. If you pop that little shelf out from the dash panel, You should find a blue (If I remember correctly) clipped to the back side. That connector is your trailer brake controller connector. You can un-clip it from the backside of the dash and drop it down to the knee panel of the dash. Some have mounted their controller into the shelf itself. I mounted mine on the knee panel of the dash, works fine for me.

Note: It may be easier to un-clip the whole dash panel from the dash from passenger side to driver side and look behind the change shelf

Just trying to be the person my Dog thinks I am
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #9

Thanks Deaver, and All other for there input,

I have located same after un-clipping half the dash panel,

Thanks Again, Andy

Tags
brake control, controller, forest river, sunseeker, brakes