Old 12-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #21

2016 Ford F-150 Full Size Pickup Truck | Payload Specifications | Ford.com

Down at the bottom of the page it shows what wheel configs you need with he HD option.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #22

Ok. I thought I had read somewhere else that while the max payload package is shown as available, they haven't been made since theswitch to aluminum. I could be wrong.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

I had heard they were very rare to find as well.

On topic, not sure the point of the truck. Seems to cost as much as a 1 ton so why not just get that if your towing? My guess they are jumping on the Diesel, better MPG band wagon like Jeep and Ram? Looks nice but not $55K nice.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #24

Had a 2005 Titan. Pulled fine, but mpg was in the toilet. My reason for getting rid of it was the anemic brakes and suspension. It can pull fine...it was a white knuckle adventure to stop....especially on a bumpy road. I got excited when they announced the diesel. But in everything I've read, they really didn't address the suspension or braking...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S

2016 Forest River Wildwood T27RKSS
2010 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab PSD
Shady camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I had heard they were very rare to find as well.

On topic, not sure the point of the truck. Seems to cost as much as a 1 ton so why not just get that if your towing? My guess they are jumping on the Diesel, better MPG band wagon like Jeep and Ram? Looks nice but not $55K nice.
You can step into a nice F150 for over 60k. Not everybody wants a rough ride or needs the power of a 6.6/6.7 diesel.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #26
Oklahoma Proud

This will be interesting to follow. Nissan titans have been riddled with diff problems and somewhat unreliable over the years compared will other makes, and down right terrible fuel mileage ever since their introduction to the big truck arena. Guess we'll see in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
You can step into a nice F150 for over 60k. Not everybody wants a rough ride or needs the power of a 6.6/6.7 diesel.
This blows my mind as well. I purchased a new GMC Denali 3500 diesel 4wd, 2 months ago and payed less than $60k.
You honestly cant get any nicer than a denali for a truck trim package. And I'd be curious to see if a little diesel truck would retain value like a 2500/3500 or 250/350. Most half tons loose value tremendously compared to a bigger diesel equipped truck, and i mean the percentage of value compared to the initial purchase price.
Something to watch and see!!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #27

You paid less than 60k. What was the sticker price?

You didn't pay sticker, why compare your take home to their MSRP?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #28
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
You paid less than 60k. What was the sticker price?

You didn't pay sticker, why compare your take home to their MSRP?
Wow what a post change...lol

You stated that an f150 was $60k. I was saying for 60k, you could get alot more truck for the money. Plus 1/2 tons typically have more rebates. Gm diesels have very few and duallys even less typically. But they retain thier price point alot more as they age.
Just curious how the nissan diesel will hold up its price point. I like nissans, but have been less than impressed with thier large trucks.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Wow what a post change...lol

You stated that an f150 was $60k. I was saying for 60k, you could get alot more truck for the money. Plus 1/2 tons typically have more rebates. Gm diesels have very few and duallys even less typically. But they retain thier price point alot more as they age.
Just curious how the nissan diesel will hold up its price point. I like nissans, but have been less than impressed with thier large trucks.

Its not just GM diesels / duallys but all 3/4 ton and above trucks seldom have much in the way of rebates or incentives. If you get 2K from GM thats about the max I have seen. Not talking dealer markdown from sticker but official advertised manufacturer incentives.

Back to the Nissan.

If you believe the "pay for your vote" hype that is the Automotive Press Associations North American car and truck of the year award, the Nissan Titan XD is one of the 3 finalists in the truck category. The other two it is competing against for truck of the year is the Honda Pilot? and the Volvo XC90. I guess SUV's are now trucks. .
Old 12-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #30
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Yeah I guess they will have a market somewhere. Just seems a lot for what your getting. We will see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck