Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #31
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Its not just GM diesels / duallys but all 3/4 ton and above trucks seldom have much in the way of rebates or incentives. If you get 2K from GM thats about the max I have seen. Not talking dealer markdown from sticker but official advertised manufacturer incentives.

Back to the Nissan.

If you believe the "pay for your vote" hype that is the Automotive Press Associations North American car and truck of the year award, the Nissan Titan XD is one of the 3 finalists in the truck category. The other two it is competing against for truck of the year is the Honda Pilot? and the Volvo XC90. I guess SUV's are now trucks. .
Eh, the award thing does not impress.. I think it looks good so I'd vote for it, but I would not buy one. The prof will be in the pudding when the "real" prices hit the market and we will see if they preform as they claim in the real world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #32
Done with this
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: KY
Posts: 698
A guy that claims he has been involved in assembly of the new Titan said a loaded XD was stickered at $61K...
__________________

__________________

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
drittal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: E. MT
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Wow what a post change...lol

You stated that an f150 was $60k. I was saying for 60k, you could get alot more truck for the money. Plus 1/2 tons typically have more rebates. Gm diesels have very few and duallys even less typically. But they retain thier price point alot more as they age.
Just curious how the nissan diesel will hold up its price point. I like nissans, but have been less than impressed with thier large trucks.
Im sorry if I seemed blunt. My point is this, there is the GM colorado/canyon(?). A loaded version will cost more than an entry or even mid level 1/2t. So why buy one, when a more capable truck is available for less?? A top line 1/2t will be more expensive than a mid level 3/4 ton so why buy one? why by a gas SD/HD when diesel is more capable and same price if you down a trim level or two?? Why even bother with a 3/4t when 1t is more capable for very little more?

This Nissan will fit a niche for those wanting diesel performance and economy in half ton size.

I was hoping that when it was being called a heavy half that it would have 2200 payload or better.

I'm thinking that if the engine and teuck both prove to be reliable, it should hold resale like other diesel trucks, but this is only speculation.

What I do hope is that these do sell well and opens the eyes of the big 3 that something between a V8 and big diesel is wanted. If this motor is dependable I'd like one in a true 3/4t with 2500lbs payload and 14k towing. I know they were all 3 working on midsized diesels at one point but shelved the projects when emission regs made them not as efficient as hoped and almost as pricey as the larger ones.
__________________
drittal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #34
fx2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 418
I'm very interested in this truck. Hoping to find one by year end but what I hear from the dealers I've talked to is that each will get one and then they'll start trickling in around Jan 10-15.
__________________
2014 Surveyor SC321BHTS
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL4x4 Cummins
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #35
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Prob be like the Ram's when they came out... They showed up and were gone with in minutes.
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
schrederman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Prob be like the Ram's when they came out... They showed up and were gone with in minutes.
Some people will be paying above list to have the first one in town...
__________________
J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #37
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Some people will be paying above list to have the first one in town...
I know it is CRAZY!!! Then is a month or two.. We cab laugh at all those SUCKERS!!
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #38
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
Im sorry if I seemed blunt. My point is this, there is the GM colorado/canyon(?). A loaded version will cost more than an entry or even mid level 1/2t. So why buy one, when a more capable truck is available for less?? A top line 1/2t will be more expensive than a mid level 3/4 ton so why buy one? why by a gas SD/HD when diesel is more capable and same price if you down a trim level or two?? Why even bother with a 3/4t when 1t is more capable for very little more?

This Nissan will fit a niche for those wanting diesel performance and economy in half ton size.

I was hoping that when it was being called a heavy half that it would have 2200 payload or better.

I'm thinking that if the engine and teuck both prove to be reliable, it should hold resale like other diesel trucks, but this is only speculation.

What I do hope is that these do sell well and opens the eyes of the big 3 that something between a V8 and big diesel is wanted. If this motor is dependable I'd like one in a true 3/4t with 2500lbs payload and 14k towing. I know they were all 3 working on midsized diesels at one point but shelved the projects when emission regs made them not as efficient as hoped and almost as pricey as the larger ones.
I was saying wow to how much your earlier post had changed....from price of your truck to what it is now. Lol

I guess you hadn't noticed that 2 of the big 3 do have smaller diesels? Dodge has had one for a little over a year, and Gm has had one in the colorado and canyon for several months. I was at a gm dealer the same day the first one hit their lot.





Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Some people will be paying above list to have the first one in town...
I was going to mention this also. After working at dealerships for years, a lot of the time if there is a hyped up, or newly redesigned vehicle, they pre-sale over msrp and even if a popular model is in stock, they won't sell under sticker.

Anyone remember when the Pt cruiser was first coming out? People were paying $5-10k over sticker....and those were junk.
New releases and popular models wont have rebates for a while if at all other than membership type rebates.


Guess we'll see!! Nissan has a lot to overcome in the big truck market. Best thing they could do to really help sales would to have an Infinity model. We see dozens of Qx 56's and Qx80's for every armada we see.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
drittal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: E. MT
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I
I guess you hadn't noticed that 2 of the big 3 do have smaller diesels? Dodge has had one for a little over a year, and Gm has had one in the colorado and canyon for several months. I was at a gm dealer the same day the first one hit their lot.
Those little diesel are less capable than V8 offering. The Ram 1/2t eco diesel has less towing capacity than the hemi. Good for economy, not so good for capability.

My guess is in the right vehicle this engine and transmission combo should be able to tow/haul as much as the 6.0/6.2/6.4 V8 gas engines with even better mileage than the 6.6/6.7 diesels.

The big 3 had 4.4-5.0l diesel projects. If I'm not mistaken, this 5.0l cummins in a way grew from works with Ram/Dodge before Ram went in house with the MV diesel.
__________________
drittal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
drittal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: E. MT
Posts: 483
Future Tech: GM Light-Duty Duramax | Medium Duty Work Truck Info

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_4.4_Turbo_Diesel
__________________

__________________
drittal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
truck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.