Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #21

2016 Ford F-150 Full Size Pickup Truck | Payload Specifications | Ford.com

Down at the bottom of the page it shows what wheel configs you need with he HD option.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #22

Ok. I thought I had read somewhere else that while the max payload package is shown as available, they haven't been made since theswitch to aluminum. I could be wrong.
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

I had heard they were very rare to find as well.

On topic, not sure the point of the truck. Seems to cost as much as a 1 ton so why not just get that if your towing? My guess they are jumping on the Diesel, better MPG band wagon like Jeep and Ram? Looks nice but not $55K nice.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #24

Had a 2005 Titan. Pulled fine, but mpg was in the toilet. My reason for getting rid of it was the anemic brakes and suspension. It can pull fine...it was a white knuckle adventure to stop....especially on a bumpy road. I got excited when they announced the diesel. But in everything I've read, they really didn't address the suspension or braking...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S

2016 Forest River Wildwood T27RKSS
2010 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab PSD
Shady camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I had heard they were very rare to find as well.

On topic, not sure the point of the truck. Seems to cost as much as a 1 ton so why not just get that if your towing? My guess they are jumping on the Diesel, better MPG band wagon like Jeep and Ram? Looks nice but not $55K nice.
You can step into a nice F150 for over 60k. Not everybody wants a rough ride or needs the power of a 6.6/6.7 diesel.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #26
Oklahoma Proud

This will be interesting to follow. Nissan titans have been riddled with diff problems and somewhat unreliable over the years compared will other makes, and down right terrible fuel mileage ever since their introduction to the big truck arena. Guess we'll see in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
You can step into a nice F150 for over 60k. Not everybody wants a rough ride or needs the power of a 6.6/6.7 diesel.
This blows my mind as well. I purchased a new GMC Denali 3500 diesel 4wd, 2 months ago and payed less than $60k.
You honestly cant get any nicer than a denali for a truck trim package. And I'd be curious to see if a little diesel truck would retain value like a 2500/3500 or 250/350. Most half tons loose value tremendously compared to a bigger diesel equipped truck, and i mean the percentage of value compared to the initial purchase price.
Something to watch and see!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #27

You paid less than 60k. What was the sticker price?

You didn't pay sticker, why compare your take home to their MSRP?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #28
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
You paid less than 60k. What was the sticker price?

You didn't pay sticker, why compare your take home to their MSRP?
Wow what a post change...lol

You stated that an f150 was $60k. I was saying for 60k, you could get alot more truck for the money. Plus 1/2 tons typically have more rebates. Gm diesels have very few and duallys even less typically. But they retain thier price point alot more as they age.
Just curious how the nissan diesel will hold up its price point. I like nissans, but have been less than impressed with thier large trucks.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

You stated that an f150 was $60k. I was saying for 60k, you could get alot more truck for the money. Plus 1/2 tons typically have more rebates. Gm diesels have very few and duallys even less typically. But they retain thier price point alot more as they age.
Just curious how the nissan diesel will hold up its price point. I like nissans, but have been less than impressed with thier large trucks.

Its not just GM diesels / duallys but all 3/4 ton and above trucks seldom have much in the way of rebates or incentives. If you get 2K from GM thats about the max I have seen. Not talking dealer markdown from sticker but official advertised manufacturer incentives.

Back to the Nissan.

If you believe the "pay for your vote" hype that is the Automotive Press Associations North American car and truck of the year award, the Nissan Titan XD is one of the 3 finalists in the truck category. The other two it is competing against for truck of the year is the Honda Pilot? and the Volvo XC90. I guess SUV's are now trucks. .
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #30
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Yeah I guess they will have a market somewhere. Just seems a lot for what your getting. We will see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #31
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Its not just GM diesels / duallys but all 3/4 ton and above trucks seldom have much in the way of rebates or incentives. If you get 2K from GM thats about the max I have seen. Not talking dealer markdown from sticker but official advertised manufacturer incentives.

Back to the Nissan.

If you believe the "pay for your vote" hype that is the Automotive Press Associations North American car and truck of the year award, the Nissan Titan XD is one of the 3 finalists in the truck category. The other two it is competing against for truck of the year is the Honda Pilot? and the Volvo XC90. I guess SUV's are now trucks. .
Eh, the award thing does not impress.. I think it looks good so I'd vote for it, but I would not buy one. The prof will be in the pudding when the "real" prices hit the market and we will see if they preform as they claim in the real world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #32
Done with this

A guy that claims he has been involved in assembly of the new Titan said a loaded XD was stickered at $61K...

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #33

Quote:

Im sorry if I seemed blunt. My point is this, there is the GM colorado/canyon(?). A loaded version will cost more than an entry or even mid level 1/2t. So why buy one, when a more capable truck is available for less?? A top line 1/2t will be more expensive than a mid level 3/4 ton so why buy one? why by a gas SD/HD when diesel is more capable and same price if you down a trim level or two?? Why even bother with a 3/4t when 1t is more capable for very little more?

This Nissan will fit a niche for those wanting diesel performance and economy in half ton size.

I was hoping that when it was being called a heavy half that it would have 2200 payload or better.

I'm thinking that if the engine and teuck both prove to be reliable, it should hold resale like other diesel trucks, but this is only speculation.

What I do hope is that these do sell well and opens the eyes of the big 3 that something between a V8 and big diesel is wanted. If this motor is dependable I'd like one in a true 3/4t with 2500lbs payload and 14k towing. I know they were all 3 working on midsized diesels at one point but shelved the projects when emission regs made them not as efficient as hoped and almost as pricey as the larger ones.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #34
fx2

I'm very interested in this truck. Hoping to find one by year end but what I hear from the dealers I've talked to is that each will get one and then they'll start trickling in around Jan 10-15.
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #35
Who Dares, Wins

Prob be like the Ram's when they came out... They showed up and were gone with in minutes.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Prob be like the Ram's when they came out... They showed up and were gone with in minutes.
Some people will be paying above list to have the first one in town...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #37
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I know it is CRAZY!!! Then is a month or two.. We cab laugh at all those SUCKERS!!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #38
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Im sorry if I seemed blunt. My point is this, there is the GM colorado/canyon(?). A loaded version will cost more than an entry or even mid level 1/2t. So why buy one, when a more capable truck is available for less?? A top line 1/2t will be more expensive than a mid level 3/4 ton so why buy one? why by a gas SD/HD when diesel is more capable and same price if you down a trim level or two?? Why even bother with a 3/4t when 1t is more capable for very little more?

This Nissan will fit a niche for those wanting diesel performance and economy in half ton size.

I was hoping that when it was being called a heavy half that it would have 2200 payload or better.

I'm thinking that if the engine and teuck both prove to be reliable, it should hold resale like other diesel trucks, but this is only speculation.

What I do hope is that these do sell well and opens the eyes of the big 3 that something between a V8 and big diesel is wanted. If this motor is dependable I'd like one in a true 3/4t with 2500lbs payload and 14k towing. I know they were all 3 working on midsized diesels at one point but shelved the projects when emission regs made them not as efficient as hoped and almost as pricey as the larger ones.
I was saying wow to how much your earlier post had changed....from price of your truck to what it is now. Lol

I guess you hadn't noticed that 2 of the big 3 do have smaller diesels? Dodge has had one for a little over a year, and Gm has had one in the colorado and canyon for several months. I was at a gm dealer the same day the first one hit their lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I was going to mention this also. After working at dealerships for years, a lot of the time if there is a hyped up, or newly redesigned vehicle, they pre-sale over msrp and even if a popular model is in stock, they won't sell under sticker.

Anyone remember when the Pt cruiser was first coming out? People were paying $5-10k over sticker....and those were junk.
New releases and popular models wont have rebates for a while if at all other than membership type rebates.

Guess we'll see!! Nissan has a lot to overcome in the big truck market. Best thing they could do to really help sales would to have an Infinity model. We see dozens of Qx 56's and Qx80's for every armada we see.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #39

Quote:
I
I guess you hadn't noticed that 2 of the big 3 do have smaller diesels? Dodge has had one for a little over a year, and Gm has had one in the colorado and canyon for several months. I was at a gm dealer the same day the first one hit their lot.
Those little diesel are less capable than V8 offering. The Ram 1/2t eco diesel has less towing capacity than the hemi. Good for economy, not so good for capability.

My guess is in the right vehicle this engine and transmission combo should be able to tow/haul as much as the 6.0/6.2/6.4 V8 gas engines with even better mileage than the 6.6/6.7 diesels.

The big 3 had 4.4-5.0l diesel projects. If I'm not mistaken, this 5.0l cummins in a way grew from works with Ram/Dodge before Ram went in house with the MV diesel.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #40

Future Tech: GM Light-Duty Duramax | Medium Duty Work Truck Info

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_4.4_Turbo_Diesel

Tags
truck