Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #1

2018 Forest River Vibe 268RKS Nose Cone

I went to hook up my Weight Distribution Hitch Brackets to the trailer frame. The location of them are under the Nose Cone. Is this a common problem and if so what are some suggestions on this issue ?

Thank you.
Sutphen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I wish I could answer your question I'm sure someone not he forum will be able to advise you.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:20 PM   #3

I am picking mine up Friday and have the same concerns. I have the chain type with the lift up brakets. Will they hit the nose cone or am I going to get roped into buying a new weight distribution hitch at the dealership when I pick it up? It's too far of a drive for me to risk it without some kind of away control.
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
I am picking mine up Friday and have the same concerns. I have the chain type with the lift up brakets. Will they hit the nose cone or am I going to get roped into buying a new weight distribution hitch at the dealership when I pick it up? It's too far of a drive for me to risk it without some kind of away control.

That’s what I used on mine. You just have to take the nose cone on and off to hook and unhook the chains to the lift up brackets. Mine works just fine with no issues or interference with the nose cone once it’s hook up.
Sutphen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutphen12 View Post
That’s what I used on mine. You just have to take the nose cone on and off to hook and unhook the chains to the lift up brackets. Mine works just fine with no issues or interference with the nose cone once it’s hook up.
X2
Stroker548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #6

We have the Blue Ox WDH system on ours. The cap remains in place while I install the chains. I use a long breaker bar with the proper sized socket to get to the bolt that rotates the housing that holds up the chains and provides tension.
montelovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #7

I have a 17 288RLS, we take the nose off to hook and unhook. Doesn’t get in the way of anything, take a few seconds to remove and replace the panel and I can move it myself.
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #8

I do the same....remove the nose.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #9

I guess I am the lazy one of the bunch - I undo one side of the cone, hook up the chain and then go to the other side and repeat.
vibe268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, vibe