Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #1

22'BH grey wolf select update

In previous posts I gave the numbers for my 22' TT and my 2009 F150 with tow package and 7200 lb. GVWR. Payload not to exceed 1324 lbs. When I loaded up my shelving units and 2 dolly's, full tank, my wife and myself and hitch weight and I weighed truck loaded at our feed store and putting all the numbers in a previous post. I want to thank all the responses I got telling me that I might be over or just on the edge. I took my weight info to my dealer and they have a fellow who calculates payload and towing weights. He does commercial and logging trucks. When all was done I had a lousy 80 lbs. to the good. If we threw in my wife's purse (I didn't tell her that) and a few other things behind the front seat I would be over. I wasn't going to take the chance of an accident or being pulled over at portable scales or having an uncomfortable drive. They are pretty strict here in B.C. We would be driving up the Coquihalla hiway, up the Yellowhead hiway to Jasper and then through to Edmonton and Red Deer. I just traded my F150 on a well maintained 2006 GMC 2500 HD crew with the 6.6 Dmax and 6 speed Allison tranny. It has all the factory towing essentials. We won't be loading anything extra than we did in the F150 but if I wanted a couple of extra pounds I will have the extra payload. I think I am going to feel a lot better now. Thanks for all the helpful posts.
wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote