Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Sigh. IF only the local CAT scales would allow RV/TT/5er weighing. There is a large sign "Commercial Vehicles Only" at the scales. I went in once to ask about weighing the truck/TT and was told, rather bluntly, NO--Commercial Vehicles Only. The next closest one to me is 75 miles away.
Seeing how CAT shows you how to weight just about everything out there but a CAR ... I wouldn't worry about the sign and pull on the scale. If the idiot taking your money is so stuck up about not taking your money, maybe you can show them on your phone how you weighed your trailer per the CAT directions and ask what you did wrong... AKA CAT is endorsing it.

https://catscale.com/how-to-weigh/

yes it's been one of those days if I seem snarky, I assume the sign is to keep cars from just driving over the scale.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, scales