Old 08-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #51

Per my tech, the dealer does not have the utility software to identify if a previous tune was installed. However, if a major warranty repair for powertrain issues is required, it will more than likely be checked uplevel.....and they WILL deny any item that is related to the tune most likely...

That said, my techs were cool and told me to just not run a +120hp tune.. and if I blew a turbo or grenaded a rod it wouldent be covered...fair enough...I wil take full responsibility for whatever I break on my own....it runs GREAT now and I havent even deleted the dpf/def yet!..

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #52

You will never throw a rod or blow a turbo on a 120, I am running a 300 tune on factory rods. But your Trans will not like it at all above 4th gear

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
You will never throw a rod or blow a turbo on a 120, I am running a 300 tune on factory rods. But your Trans will not like it at all above 4th gear

Oh I know...I think h&s was at 800+ hp in testing the 6.7(upgraded turbo and fuel pump and spray) with stock internals, when the tranny started to slip and they backed off..my truck scoffs at the paltry 420rwhp (mustang dyno) It makes...lol..
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
It can only become a NON-WARRANTABLE ISSUE if the manufacturer can PROVE the failure was due to the programmer/ mod etc! Just putting them on a truck does NOT void warranty! There are laws that protect consumers from a mfg. denying warranty just because you may have used a programmer/mod etc.

2013 Georgetown XL 350
Bunkhouse
2002 F250 4X4 CC
2012 Jeep Liberty

IMHO I am not "messing" with a $50,000 truck that I am concerned with warranty issues on a $15,000 engine or a $5,000 transmission. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #55
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post

IMHO I am not "messing" with a $50,000 truck that I am concerned with warranty issues on a $15,000 engine or a $5,000 transmission. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Good call!...at least wait until all warranties expire before you pay to play
Old 08-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #56

If you wanna play with the dogs be aware, your gonna get bit sometime.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #57

2014 Chevy 2500 CCSB 4x4. All emissions still in place. Custom EFI live Motor Ops tunes via an Autocal loader. They have 2 tow tunes to choose from. Up to 8k and then over 8 to max tow rating.

I also have Firstone bags with on board air via wireless controllers in the cab. 3500 ability with 2500 ride when not towing. B&W tow goodies with bed and rear bumper cameras to load with no help.

TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #58

Quote:
The newer duramax's leave a trace tune or last tune installed in the EM. Some dealers do not look for it, but some do if the factory requires to warranty

It doesn't leave a trace of the tune and if a dealer told you that, they lied. It just shows that the DTCs were cleared and how many start cycles have occurred since the reset. You get the same thing if you buy a DTC/code reader from any auto shop (ie Harbor Freight) to scan a check engine light and then you reset it ( or the same as an auto repair place scanning your truck like Firestone). If they ask, you just tell them you scanned the check engine light and reset it to see if it would come back. Case closed and they cannot give you ****. Any code reader is non powered so it cannot even redirect power back to the ecu to zap it. I had a dealer try and tell me my digital gauges damaged my ecu on my 09 Duramax. Really? How did that happen? A quick call from the gauge manufacturer to tell them the gauge has no power and gets it FROM THE ODB port quickly shut up that service writer. Idiots. They just wanted 700 for a new ecu.
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGTO View Post
It doesn't leave a trace of the tune and if a dealer told you that, they lied. It just shows that the DTCs were cleared and how many start cycles have occurred since the reset. You get the same thing if you buy a DTC/code reader from any auto shop (ie Harbor Freight) to scan a check engine light and then you reset it ( or the same as an auto repair place scanning your truck like Firestone). If they ask, you just tell them you scanned the check engine light and reset it to see if it would come back. Case closed and they cannot give you ****. Any code reader is non powered so it cannot even redirect power back to the ecu to zap it. I had a dealer try and tell me my digital gauges damaged my ecu on my 09 Duramax. Really? How did that happen? A quick call from the gauge manufacturer to tell them the gauge has no power and gets it FROM THE ODB port quickly shut up that service writer. Idiots. They just wanted 700 for a new ecu.
part of that is truth. This is from the GM service information.... Bulletin #08-06-04-006L

For 2007-2013 applications, an engine control module (ECM) algorithm was implemented that records the engine calibration part number and calibration verification number (CVN) for the last 10 flash programming events. The ECM records the engine calibration part number because it contains the parameters for increasing torque and fueling rates.

If a vehicle comes in for service for a driveability/powertrain concern as a result of a Power-Up Kit installation, the technician can read the last 10 engine calibration part numbers and CVN history using a Tech 2.

The technician will input each ECM calibration part number into the TIS2WEB/SPS CVN database to confirm the CVN history information. Refer to the following Tech 2 path table to verify the ECM calibrations. So if you happen to have a GM tech in your pocket, have them flash your ECM 11 times and then go get your warranty work done. Also onstar will send messages via email if you put anything on the OBD like a H&S, bully dog, CTS

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #60
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
part of that is truth. This is from the GM service information.... Bulletin #08-06-04-006L

For 2007-2013 applications, an engine control module (ECM) algorithm was implemented that records the engine calibration part number and calibration verification number (CVN) for the last 10 flash programming events. The ECM records the engine calibration part number because it contains the parameters for increasing torque and fueling rates.

If a vehicle comes in for service for a driveability/powertrain concern as a result of a Power-Up Kit installation, the technician can read the last 10 engine calibration part numbers and CVN history using a Tech 2.

The technician will input each ECM calibration part number into the TIS2WEB/SPS CVN database to confirm the CVN history information. Refer to the following Tech 2 path table to verify the ECM calibrations. So if you happen to have a GM tech in your pocket, have them flash your ECM 11 times and then go get your warranty work done. Also onstar will send messages via email if you put anything on the OBD like a H&S, bully dog, CTS

Name:   smiley-bow.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  10.9 KB

Tags
diesel