Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by jamesroadking View Post
I'm just saying that with the Firestone airbags installed now on the F250 I can lift the tongue up to the same level or higher as the load leveling anti sway bars do without all the hassle of jacking up the tongue and loading the sway bars every time.
The air bags only raise the ride height of the rear of the doesn't transfer some of the tongue weight to the front axle (and to the trailer axles). The front axle weight should close to the same hitched up or unhitched...can't do that without W/D bars. The sway bars are for more than windy days. What about an emergency lane change for example?

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Originally Posted by jamesroadking View Post
I bought a 2012 30WRS last February, At first it swayed very bad and was a real white knuckle pull, could only run at 60-62mph. I installed a 15,000 lb. Reese hitch with load leveling friction anti sway bars that solved the swaying problem. After a couple thousand miles I realized that the sway bars are a real pain to install every time I hook up, so I installed Firestone air bags with a wireless controller, so now, I just hook up (without the sway bars) level the truck with a touch of a bottom (unloaded I run 10psi, leveled up and the bed loaded with generator etc. I air up to 30 or 40psi). I found that I can now tow up to 75mph (passing, usually cruise at 65-68mph) without the load leveling anti sway bars.
You're not serious right? 75 MPH with no weight distribution or sway control

Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote