Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
2013 Windjammer 3008w

I have had problems with control and sway with my new trailer. I haul the trailer with a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel. I have hauled heavy trailers before with a "standard" sway bar hitch with no problems. I hauled the trailer to Wisconsin in June and had no problems with sway. I hit a stretch of road east of Gladstone and in Green Bay and had a real problem with the trailer and truck "bounceing". I came back and the dealer suggested that I put on a 4 point hitch and I did that. Now I have much more problem with control and sway. I did adjust to put less weight on the hitch, but that didn't seem to help. Love my trailer, but I have got to solve this problem. Any suggestions?

arizona13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
Pug Dads
I posted awhile back about needing a heavier truck to pull mountains. Before our pa trip we purchased a used f250. Felt much safer on I-81 thru pa. What a road. Since that trip we bought a new dodge dually 3500. Future truck for the new 5th wheel in a few yrs. would never go back to a 1/2 ton truck pulling a large trailer it's just not safe.

cheatham09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
Originally Posted by caper View Post
We do not have the 3008w but I pull our 3001w with a F150. Have pulled the trailer from Ont. to BC (a little over 3000 miles one way) and back twice. We averaged 10.5 mpg wish the truck had a bit more power on the hills, but we were able to keep up with the large trucks.
Caper - are you still towing with the 2007 F-150?
I'm looking at the new model Windjammer 2618W which is about a 1,000 lbs lighter than your trailer, but about 600 lbs heavier than the Jayco 25F I currently have (no issues towing that with my 2007 F-150 5.4L). Does your F-150 have the tow package installed and what hitch system are you using? Thanks....
rockininwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #14
Pulled our WJ 3008 to Texas and back last winter, 4000 miles, with our 2006 Chev. 5.3 Silverado, tow capacity 10,000 lbs., absolutely no problems towing. 12MPG
NW Ontario

Factor is offline   Reply With Quote