Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #61

yes the 2 bolts, I have a TC and they are 340 ftlb
Old 06-02-2019, 08:42 PM   #62
I'm Lost

I live and work at a remote resort, we have a weekly supply run to town; I phoned our local truck repair shop and explained that I needed to have my ball torqued to 340#, arranged to have my driver drop it off and pick-up a couple of hours later.

All worked as planned, driver arrives back at resort and asks me to unload the hitch as it was too heavy for him (25yo millennium).

Upon doing so I see the truck shop had put the lock washer under the ball and not the nut. I called them the next morning and asked for them to reinstall the washer under the nut, their comment was "it doesn't matter where the lock washer is, it will still lock the nut" !!!!!!

The following Wednesday they did it right; now I wonder about the person who did it, did they actually torque the nut?

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bolts