Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #61
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

If you have a good dealer they will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are taking care of when it comes to warranty work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
If you have a good dealer they will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are taking care of when it comes to warranty work.

I have heard accounts of Ford sending out people to investigate vehicles on HPFP claims. The dealer has no say about whether or not to offer warranty in this case. I'd still play it safe. Caveat lector.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #63
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I don't necessarily know how far my dealer would go to take care of me. I do know that I am 80 miles away from them and on a used truck with no warranty that I bought from them they came and got it twice in the first year did over 4000 dollars worth of work and left me with a rental car. This was all at no cost to me.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #64

Quote:
I don't necessarily know how far my dealer would go to take care of me. I do know that I am 80 miles away from them and on a used truck with no warranty that I bought from them they came and got it twice in the first year did over 4000 dollars worth of work and left me with a rental car. This was all at no cost to me.

Wow. Sounds like you have a great dealership there! My understanding is that the HPFP issue is one of the only, if not the only, instance where FMC steps in to bypass dealerships on warranty coverage. At least it's the only repair where I've read they actually do this.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #65
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Most of the problems I have heard with the 6.7s have come from lack of maintenance. Like not draining the water separater and skipping or shutting the truck down during exhaust cleaning. I would understand why Ford would not cover things under warranty that are due to lack of maintenance. All a guy has to do is pay attention to what the computer on his truck is telling him.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #66

Quote:
Most of the problems I have heard with the 6.7s have come from lack of maintenance. Like not draining the water separater and skipping or shutting the truck down during exhaust cleaning. I would understand why Ford would not cover things under warranty that are due to lack of maintenance. All a guy has to do is pay attention to what the computer on his truck is telling him.

I agree that most problems are user induced. Many HPFP failures are too, I'm sure. But the fact that the fuel doesn't meet standards set by Bosch means they ultimately will possibly fail even if doing everything right. The problem is not knowing when to replace the pump- which you won't. As far as the regen- I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't allow some user control over a regen. Why not have a readout indicating the number of miles before a regen? Or have a window where you could postpone the regen process for a set number of miles with an auto override occurring eventually? Mine seemed to regen 90% of the time as I was about to pull in the driveway. That is the only thing I hated about my truck.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #67
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Mine is a late 2012 model and I believe I read somewhere in the owners manual that I can do a manual regen though I can't recall how it is done. I just love to drive my truck so I just drive to clean the exhaust.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #68

Quote:
Mine is a late 2012 model and I believe I read somewhere in the owners manual that I can do a manual regen though I can't recall how it is done. I just love to drive my truck so I just drive to clean the exhaust.

Now that I think of it, mine was an XL- maybe the XLT and up with the fancier readouts give you more info about when a regen will occur??
Old 03-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #69

On demand regen is for fleet vehicles. Ambulances, utility company's, trucks like this that idle a lot. Never seen it on a personal truck, but I do know ford has a part number for it and is avail.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #70
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Now that I think of it, mine was an XL- maybe the XLT and up with the fancier readouts give you more info about when a regen will occur??
Mine just has a quick deal that flashs up on the computer in the instrument panel.