Old 08-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #311
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by John319 View Post
I just upgraded from a 22' to a 35' Wildwood. So, making the normal turns that are a little tight caused me to crack my tail light.
By the time I seen how close it was to my truck in the turn, it had already cracked it.
The only way that I can see avoiding this issue would be a slightly longer hitch, which I haven't been able to find anywhere.
I know that I can't be the only one with this issue. I have a class A license. So, I'm ok with backing, but the distance between the back of the truck and front of the trailer, I need just a little more space.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm about to take my first camping trip with it and the sites to back into are a little tight even for our old 22' camper.
I had that problem several years ago when I used a Dodge 1-ton van to haul my 26-foot Coachman TT and the back fender of the van would make contact with the front of the trailer in tight turns.

Had dents and scratches on both sides of the truck and the van!

I just learned to not back up so tightly.

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean you should!
JohnD10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:35 AM   #312

8329SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maron View Post
i drove my brand new ( bought in november) fully loaded toyota tundra attached to my brand new ( picked it up in january) rockwood 8329, out to arizona in february 2014. Yes the tundra towed very well...and very importantly...was very comfortable. 5000 miles driven and still felt great in the seat.
However there are 2 drawbacks to the tundra 1. A 26 gallon gas tank. 2. 8 miles to the gallon towing. Range with reserves was 160 miles.
just wanted to ask how the tunda did towing the 8329ss
just oedered one and as a newbie wanted to see if you felt good about towing it
have saw mixed opinions
i have a 2015 5.7 crew max 4wd

BCARS is offline   Reply With Quote