Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #11

I've heard lots of positives on the Airdog II system. If they would come up with something to take the place of both fuel filters on the 6.4 I'd order one the same day.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
phat phrog stunt crew

i think fass has what your looking for. i havent looked at airdog yet. im waiting for my buddy at work to start usig his truck again (its a dedicated tow vehicle only). should know something in a couple of months.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #13

I don't know if the question was directed to me or not, but, I left the original filter in place when I installed the FASS system. I have about 40,000 miles on the FASS and so far no issues. I check the water seperator on the FASS about once a month.

I have found a new filter can make a big difference in acceleration performance if you get a tank of poor fuel.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz08h5 View Post
I don't know if the question was directed to me or not, but, I left the original filter in place when I installed the FASS system. I have about 40,000 miles on the FASS and so far no issues. I check the water seperator on the FASS about once a month.

I have found a new filter can make a big difference in acceleration performance if you get a tank of poor fuel.
I directed my quote to you yes .

I was merely explaining what I did to ease the pain in the removal of the stock fuel filter .

similar to this deal .
LMM Fuel Filter Access Panel Door Duramax 2007 2008 2009 2010 | eBay

Turbs
Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #15
phat phrog stunt crew

that lmm filter is a major pita to get to if no other mods are made like turbs did. pulling the whole fenderliner out is just as big a pita as going at it from the top. wonder if dodge or ford didnt sneak in one night and "help" gm on that little design
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
daydreaming about camping

on a 6.0 most of the Ford guys will tell you do not ever use anything but Motorcraft or Racor (who makes the Motorcraft) filters anywhere on the truck.

When I had a 5.9 the FASS was a popular upgrade because tuned trucks tended to burn up the lift pumps pretty quick. The 6.0 does not suffer lift pump failure at the same rate.

On the 6.0 most injector problems are oil related, or FICM related. I can see how more fuel pressure in the rail would help overall, just curious how much difference it would really make.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
phat phrog stunt crew

i know the fords like clean oil for injector operation, since they run off of oil pressure. from what i have read, it seems most ford injector problems/failures are from lousy to non existant maintainance.