Old 09-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #1

Adding a backup camera on tt

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a wireless backup camera to add on back of tt. Wondering if adding the garmin bc30 or maybe a unit all by its self

Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

I have the Furrion system installed on my tt other than the monitor being a little small it works good. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #3

I had a cheap camera from Ebay on our TT. I just ran coax cable index the TT and truck with a convertor fitting to RCA... plugged it all into my Edge CTS Monitor

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthorn View Post
I had a cheap camera from Ebay on our TT. I just ran coax cable index the TT and truck with a convertor fitting to RCA... plugged it all into my Edge CTS Monitor
Went a similar route as shorthorn. Purchased a cheap "wireless" camera and monitor kit off ebay. Ran BNC cable from back of trailer to hitch. Camera/monitor comes with RCA connectors so had to convert to BNC. Tried into electrical at battery and added an off/on stitch. Monitor mounted in cab. Didn't like the "license plate" camera, that came with kit, as it's more for backing up. Replaced with security camera off Amazon. Whole project was under $140 and wireless. Reception good as it only goes the length of the truck.
http://dougbevswanderings.blogspot.ca/
retiredguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:34 PM   #5

I was starting to look at something like this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IOL27TI?psc=1 The only thing is I would be adding another screen to the truck. Wondering if there is a wifi camera that will run off 12v and work with android so I can use my phones screen. Thats kinda why I was looking at the Garmin since I use a compatible Garmin GPS and could use same screen. The only thing is they say the transmitter must be in line of sight to receiver, was wondering if anyone has used the Garmin Bkup camera.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boborc View Post
I was starting to look at something like this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IOL27TI?psc=1 The only thing is I would be adding another screen to the truck. Wondering if there is a wifi camera that will run off 12v and work with android so I can use my phones screen. Thats kinda why I was looking at the Garmin since I use a compatible Garmin GPS and could use same screen. The only thing is they say the transmitter must be in line of sight to receiver, was wondering if anyone has used the Garmin Bkup camera.
I use the Garmin backup camera (when it was called the BC-20) with my RV760. It was a bit erratic at first (too much distance I guess) but the signal is now solid after adding the extension cable to move the transmitter to the front of the trailer.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSchwartz View Post
I use the Garmin backup camera (when it was called the BC-20) with my RV760. It was a bit erratic at first (too much distance I guess) but the signal is now solid after adding the extension cable to move the transmitter to the front of the trailer.
I saw the extension cable. I think that might work. Mount the transmitter up front and the battery is right there for power. Can have one box with my battery disconnect and a connection in there for the camera then seal it water tight.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #8

I added a Tadi Brothers wireless system to the back of the trailer and an eye ball at the bumper for getting on the hitch. Works well and can see when tractor trailers are approaching or when it is safe to get over after passing. As for getting on the ball you can get very close by yourself.
80gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:56 AM   #9
AMG

Perhaps...
https://pearlauto.com/rearvision
Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG View Post
Not fond of the OBD2 connection. Otherwise its a great idea. My guess is another one trying to track me