Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

adjusting 5th wheel to be able to install roll & lock cover ?

I would like to install a Roll & Lock tonneau cover but I will have to lower my 5th wheel hitch to allow clearance for the cover. When I lower the 5th wheel I will also have to lower the pin box the same amount to maintain the proper distance from the bed rails. Can I expect to have any problems when I do this? The 5th wheel will be at its lowest adjustment.
jeffscuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Which RV and hitch do you have? Does it have the Revolution pin box?

I have my hitch set to the lowest level that it will go and the pin box is about two holes from the lowest level. The hitch sits just below the bed rails.

As long as the pin box will lower enough to maintain the proper level, you won't have any problems. Just make sure that ever how many bolts are in the pin box now, will still be in it once it's lowered. I hope that made sense.

One thing to check for, once it's lowered, is that the pin box will clear the bed rails on a sharp turn. (I doubt it's a problem, just something to check.)

Tags
5th wheel, cover, lock, wheel