Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #21

We put 40,000 miles a year on our vehicles and do not have extended warranties........ really none would have ever paid off....... all our repairs would have been outside of an extended warranty period.

If you get an extended warranty make No modifications to the truck..... I tried an extended warranty one time for about $2500 when my turbo went out at a $4000 repair I was told the truck was modified with a tuner .... (which was before I owned it)......oh sorry we will not cover the repair...... Other than than that the water pump went out a month ago .. the repair cost $250 the warranty went out a year ago or so.......... total waste of $2500

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
The Ford ESP is the only one worth buying IMO. I used my 7 year/100K ESP twice, the 2nd time at 6.5 years old and 92K miles on the clock. I about broke even on mine, but was still glad I bought it. I pulled into home from our last 4K mile mountain trip with 99,600 miles on the truck. I never broke down on the road in over 25,000 miles towing, but a good benefit is Ford would have towed it to the nearest dealer free of charge.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
Exactly. While I would never recommend any aftermarket warranty, I would recommend the Ford Factory Extended warranty. I'm pretty much a gearhead and I have it, it covers everything but bulbs and tires

Don't need the dealer either, just call the number in your owners manual before the factory warranty expires and extend it. Real simple. One trans failure or engine issue and it's paid for itself.

My BIL is an exec at Fords and he recommends it.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #23

Ford extended warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags2237 View Post
I am shopping for an extended warranty plan for my 2014 F-150, Eco-boost. I use it as my everyday vehicle (13,000 miles annually) as well as my tow vehicle for our TT. What things should I be aware of, stay away from, etc. I usually keep my vehicles long term and do not trade up or sell off. Thanks for your time on this.
Google Ford extended warranties and you will discover a number of Ford dealers, mostly in the Midwest, that WHOLESALE factory extended warranties for 40 -50%off. They are exactly the same as your dealer sells when you buy a new vehicle. Call them up and price shop to get the best price, they will vary. I don't remember the name of the dealer I bought mine from, but I think it was in Indiana or Iowa. Just be sure you are dealing with an authorized Ford dealer.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I know that some folks here are going disagree, and provide all kinds of "examples," and that's OK, but generally speaking, buying extended warranties is a waste of money. (There's a good reason they sell these policies - they make money.)

Especially on vehicles, if you do it, make sure you know EXACTLY what it's going to cover and how much it's going to cost. I've seen lots of stories about people buying these for pretty big bucks, then finding out they don't cover major stuff.

That being said, some people just "feel better" having an extended warranty - and it's hard to put a price on that; if that's you, go for it.
What he said...
I had an 11 Ecoboost and traded it in 2013 because some of them were showing up with timing chain and vacuum boost issues.
brakes were crap on the truck as well.

the 13 was traded in 16 Sept for a 16 Ecoboost because even the 13's had the same issues. It had 65 thousand kms or 40389 miles on it at time of trade.

The 13 had teh brakes literally disappear in less than 60,000 kms and the dealership wanted to under my maintenance agreement change the rotors out one day and the pads 2 days later because they said they couldn't bill out the costs to Ford on the same invoice. the second dealership did it and never batted an eye.

Both of those trucks we put the maintenance plan on for almost 2 grand.
that covered brakes, if outside the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, oil changes, tire rotations, air filters (which were never changed because i had a cold air intake system on it), and wiper blades.

the 13 Ecoboost hauled the 5th wheel as will the 16. it will also haul the newest addition to the family - the 29 foot Toy Hauler.

pretty expensive wiper blades and 8 oil changes.

I made 5 grand on the value of my 13 Ecoboost truck trading it for a 3 year newer vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truck and trailer.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	526.4 KB
ID:	127494   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_10155813030980258.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	127495   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160930_104752_1475257174824_resized.jpg
Views:	48