Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #11

I have the compressor mounted and the wireless control. I'm going to paint parts for airbags before in mount them. Hopefully next weekend.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #12

Tb=9599-- great idea on the insulating the air line. Well I installed the wireless Sunday, took a few min because I had the Daytona race on. I will be installing the airbags next weekend. I have some bare metal that I want to get plated or painted, thinking plated. Good to go after that. The weather is expected to be bad this weekend. We’ll see

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #13

I run 10 psi in my bags and air up 65 psi after I drop the 5er on the truck !! I run a york air system off the engine and yes it will run air tools too
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #14

I installed the wireless compressor system and love it!!! I run unloaded with 10 lbs and eye-balled the 5th wheel and pickup pretty level at 30 lbs. Seems to pull pretty good at that pressure also. Have the auto-level system on the Wildcat Maxx and notice I need to reduce pressure to 10 lbs when I unhook, otherwise the pickup bed chases the 5th wheel hitch upwards a bit. Having the remote makes these changes a breeze. Understand your weather issues, I lollygagged waiting for better weather until it got down to about 30 degrees before I "got-er-dun". :-)
Days camped 2013 = 51 (as of 26 Apr)
NevadaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post
Tb=9599-- great idea on the insulating the air line. Well I installed the wireless Sunday, took a few min because I had the Daytona race on. I will be installing the airbags next weekend. I have some bare metal that I want to get plated or painted, thinking plated. Good to go after that. The weather is expected to be bad this weekend. We’ll see
Thanks. I thought it best to avoid heat, rocks, etc. I don't want to be stranded due to a damaged air line. Glad you got the wireless installed. I wish I had gone that route after realizing I'd have the air lines run into my cab but it was too late. I didn't really think I through because I was so excited to get one installed.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #16

Finished install the air bags Saturday and went for road trip today. Wow what a difference ride was a little stiffer. Turns didn't have much of a lean in turns. Running 3 lbs air unloaded, i might take some out and check it out again. Picking up tt after minor repairs tomorrow morning. Will air the bags up when loaded and adjust as needed depending on load. All in all I'm glad they are installed. Will take pictures when it warms up.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post
Finished install the air bags Saturday and went for road trip today. Wow what a difference ride was a little stiffer. Turns didn't have much of a lean in turns. Running 3 lbs air unloaded, i might take some out and check it out again. Picking up tt after minor repairs tomorrow morning. Will air the bags up when loaded and adjust as needed depending on load. All in all I'm glad they are installed. Will take pictures when it warms up.
That's great. Did you mean 30 PSI or 3? I run about 10 unloaded and it really makes a difference. Just got back from Charleston SC yesterday. First time I was able to use my on board compressor. Made hook up and disconnect so much easier.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
Now a "Top Member"

My Firestone Ride-Rites call for 5psi unloaded. My wireless remote keeps them at 5psi.
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #19

Tblackmon9599 yes I mint 3 lbs in the other post. But I’m not sure if that is correct just indicated on the gauge .After I have everything working now even got the wireless hooked up to the compressor. I am running 5 lbs unloaded and looks like 15 with the tt hooked. I will have to check what the running pressure will be. I thought it was 3 lbs but after getting things working found out the truck rides different ( not as stiff) with 5 lbs indicated with the remote. I like the ride much better now with this pressure unloaded.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012