Old 12-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I had Airlift bags on my '11 2500 and I aired them up just to the point that it started to raise the bed from being loaded. My 2500 ran flat with the pin weight of my 42' 5er, (around 2k), and the only reason I had the bags at all was because of the occasional heavy bump. The only times I incurred these were in construction zones. I didn't like the ride or feel of anything more in the bags. That being said, I did a lot of research and I'm convinced the AirLift product had the best "bang for the buck". I've kept them so far, but I'm not going to install them on my 3500. I am thinking of going to an air hitch though, to help with those bumps and easing the jolt on the frame.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #12

Added the firestone airbags and onboard compressor on my F150 and could not be happier so far

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I had Airlift bags on my '11 2500 and I aired them up just to the point that it started to raise the bed from being loaded. My 2500 ran flat with the pin weight of my 42' 5er, (around 2k), and the only reason I had the bags at all was because of the occasional heavy bump. The only times I incurred these were in construction zones. I didn't like the ride or feel of anything more in the bags. That being said, I did a lot of research and I'm convinced the AirLift product had the best "bang for the buck". I've kept them so far, but I'm not going to install them on my 3500. I am thinking of going to an air hitch though, to help with those bumps and easing the jolt on the frame.
well I would bet the air pin hitch is as nice as the fifth wheel air hitch I have in the bed of my truck. made a very nice difference in ride for myself.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Air bags, on board compressor and shocks on the trailer make for a smooth truck ride.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Air bags, on board compressor and shocks on the trailer make for a smooth truck ride.

oh yes shocks on the trailer make a bigger diff than people think! but all the suspension additions add up to make a better and safer ( more controlled ) ride on long runs.

Tags
2013, 500, air bags