Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #1

Air Hitch first class

We bought a light weight trailer last summer (rockwood ultra lite) and were concerned about the strength of the structure, so we bought the Hensley BD1 air hitch which is the same as the BD3 only made for lighter trailers (and therefor cheaper). This air ride hitch is fantastic! Going over some of the delapitated highways of Southern California I saw how that hitch worked to cushion all that bouncing. It made me feel a lot less anxious about the well being of our trailer. And as a bonus, it actually eliminated practically all of the "chugging" you tend to get going over bumpy terrain. A bit costly but in the long run I have no doubt it will pay for itself. Go to [url=http://www.hensleymfg.com] for more info. No, this is not a paid announcement
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

I might be totally out to lunch, it no doubt makes it much more comfortable in the truck, but as for the trailer, it is still seeing the same chugging, you just don't feel it in the truck. If you put shocks on the trailer, you are attacking where the problem is and they will do more to save the suspension and trailer frame, etc. JMO
Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #3

old coot is correct that shocks will make a huge diff after all w/o it's like driving a car or truck with shocks out and I mean out not worn out. however that is a great hitch you bought and money well spent imo and you will enjoy the added stability and softer ride inside the tow vehicle. I personally use an air ride fifth wheel hitch, like yours but also added shocks and the dexter ez flex system bushings and wet bolts to the leaf springs and axle on my toy hauler. I added all of them at the same time so I can't say what made the most diff but I can say I can cross 3 state lines with my jackets still on the wall hooks! the ride inside the truck now is amazing compared to stock camper and a rigid hitch!! I bought the http://mountainmaster.net/hitches/airhitchcom.html

'21 dune sport fire storm custom toyhauler
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch