Old 03-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #11
Had airbags in past 5 pickups. All routed individual y, all ending behind gas door

Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #12
Usually Confused Member
I don't think that if you have the T line connecting the airbags together causing differential pressure when turning is a problem. Yeah, maybe if you're screaming around a corner at the edge of breakaway speed,,,but I don't think many of us drive that way. I think that the T line which would deflate the opposite bag in the event of loss of pressure in one of them would be as much of a factor as losing pressure on one side. IDK. Since I have the wireless compressor if one of the bags leaks I'll immediately know because the compressor would start running continuously (and I'll definitely hear it since it's just below and slightly behind the driver seat.

I have the 1000 bags on my Ram 1500 and really like the noticeable increase in stability, even while not towing.

To the OP, installation is extremely simple if you remove the rear wheel liners. That way you can access the springs without even getting under the truck. Also, wet the bags with 409 to make them slide in better.

There are also open chambers throughout the frame back there to allow you to run the air lines through them. Makes for a very clean installation.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #13
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
Thats what I thought mine said too. I downloaded one at work before I posted to make sure, and that one said 5min 25 I dunno....

Regardless, we're not talking about a blowout type situation where your vehicle will instantly drop 2", even with a failure.
thats true. I wonder if it would even cause any sway. they aren't the main support anyway just stiffens it up.

to get back on topic. I really like mine!
jgroff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
I have had them on 3 trucks.
Worked great. (especially on 1/2 tons that need the boost)
I had individual schrader valves as top fasteners for my license plate.
Don't like them connected together.
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #15
Thanks everyone for all the replies. Guess it really doesn't matter either way.
Danny and Stephanie

2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn
2016 Wildwood 27 RKSS
sdsferraro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #16
Originally Posted by sdsferraro View Post
I need some opinions. I have bought the air lift 1000 air bags and I have also bought the Tee separately for the air lines. I have a Ram 1500.

I bought the Tee because I had read about both bags keeping the same pressure and if one bag were to burst, both would deflate, so the truck would not have that sudden lean to one side.

Now that everything is here and I am ready to install, I have heard the down side of the Tee is that it pushes air to one side when you are in a turn causing issues.

Hopefully that made sense... What are your thoughts or experiences? What is the worst of the 2 evils?

Lets just go right back to your original concern...

If a bag were to burst its going to have a sudden lean to one side regardless. 25-35psi leaking out from a 1/4" airline is not going to come out as fast as a bursting bag. There will be pressure loss but it won't be as immediate.

So for that concern alone I wouldn't be overly concerned. I like to run them separate. If the payload is offset in the truck I can compensate with a level load side to side with air. I run the heavier 5000 series bags though.

friendofacatahoula is offline   Reply With Quote