Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #91
Moderator Emeritus

I would think the bottom mounted coupler should work better since the chains are pulling the hitch "up" more.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
Old 02-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #92

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Bottom line, of my take on this thread. Its (Anderson hitch) a new take on a friction control ANTI-SWAY and a new take on a WD hitch. As far as ANTI sway and NO sway, this hitch falls under the ANTI sway hitches. IT doesn't STOP sway it only controls sway! If any one wants to buy a hitch that STOPS sway period and is also a WD hitch. You'll just have to pony up ($$) and purchase a PRO-PRIDE or HENSLEY ARROW...these both fall under the STOP sway hitches. PS not getting into which is better the PRO PRIDE 3P or the HENSLEY ARROW they are both great hitches and have a product worth every penny! If your worried about your families and others safety on the road while pulling a camper, cost should not be the issue! SWAY KILLS! Spend your extra money and get one of the NO SWAY models !

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #93
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
If your worried about your families and others safety on the road while pulling a camper, cost should not be the issue! SWAY KILLS! Spend your extra money and get one of the NO SWAY models !
This nearly sounds like you are saying that the only people who care about their families and others safety on the road are those who tow with a Propride or Hensley hitch. Meaning that every person with a Reese, Equal-i-zer, Blue Ox, or Andersen hitch does not care?

Of course, you probably did not mean it that way because that is just, well, silly.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Old 02-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Looks to me like unequal chain tension should be equalized via the plate under the ball.....it just might ride a little off center, but I don't think that should be a problem.
I doubt you would see a significant differential in length at 2000 lbs torque on the chains. By the time you got to that load they would essentially be the same length yet tensioned. I would imagine the urethane bushings would make up for any anomaly. I like the concept.

I have an E2 and although noisy when in the campground and at slow speeds, I would say on the highway, I don't notice it. I find it a pain to put on and take off though and for that reason I would like something different. Otherwise, it works for me.

Everyone that I have talked to with a Hensley swears by them. Haven't met anyone with a ProPride yet but from what I see they are essentially the same.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #95

Since I just bought my first tt ( 05 Roo 21ss), after reviewing all other hitches, I thought I would take the risk and give the Andersen a try. I will report back after I get to use it. However, I never used any other hitch, so this will all be first time experience.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #96

Anderson Hitch

I have used the new Anderson hitch. We have 2012 2604,2 weeks old, it does what they say. Only problem was first trip from dealer the frame brackets shifted, but it still worked no sway. My Dakota has absolutely no problem ( keep in mind I live in flat land Fla)w/the weight. I tack welded the brackets before our maiden ( last week 100 miles round trip) it handled as good as my old fiver,well maybe not that good. Be sure and post your results. Going to Orlando next week, it will be an even better test for the hitch. Lacy
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #97

This has definitely caught my attention and I really like the looks and concept of this design. Will be good to get more feedback from those that have taken the leap of faith and maybe I should be one of them. I now have the Equalilzer setup and like it fairly well but looking for something that maybe will relieve some of the bounce that I feel in the truck on concrete highways and bumpy bridges. I know that this may not eliminate all of it but if it reduces 50 percent I would be all in.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback from those that have gone down this path.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #98

I'm 99% sure we are going to take the jump and go with this hitch. Our camper won't be in for a while yet, but we will report back when we use it. Our dealer knows nothing of it and won't let us install it on their property. Any one have any ideas on how to approach this? I don't even know if we could pay them to install it since it's not one of their products they sell.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #99

Oh, and it's currently listed for $389 for the 6in and $379 for the 4in on radauto.com with free shipping in case anyone is interested.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #100

NEW RV+ ANDERSON HITCH+ 500 mile trip

WE are leaving this morning for a trip to Orlando, all Xspressway . Should be good test for the hitch, will report back Mon nite. Lacy