Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #101
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapa View Post
I'm 99% sure we are going to take the jump and go with this hitch. Our camper won't be in for a while yet, but we will report back when we use it. Our dealer knows nothing of it and won't let us install it on their property. Any one have any ideas on how to approach this? I don't even know if we could pay them to install it since it's not one of their products they sell.

Sounds like your dealer is being pretty unreasonable. This is your trailer, your tow vehicle, and your choice. Not theirs. I can understand them being upset at not making a little more money off of you (for not buying their hitch), but hey...such is life.

If they're going to insist on not touching it, I would check around close by and see if there is someone who will install it, and just tow the new rig down the road. Or if it's not too difficult to install yourself (I haven't looked that close at installation), just get it home and then do it yourself. But I think they're being kinda silly to just refuse anything to do with it.

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #102

Safe Travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LACY View Post
WE are leaving this morning for a trip to Orlando, all Xspressway . Should be good test for the hitch, will report back Mon nite. Lacy

Safe travels and look forward to hearing your results. Thanks Lacy!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #103

Thanks for the price info

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapa View Post
Oh, and it's currently listed for $389 for the 6in and $379 for the 4in on radauto.com with free shipping in case anyone is interested.

Wow! I haven't seen it at that price before, it's always been around $479-$499 range. Making it more tempting that's for sure.

Thanks for the lead!
Scott
Old 03-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #104

I wonder where to get a replacement ball… I don't think a tempered ball like that can befound everywhere. It is probably not that versatile if you can't get differentsized balls for different trailers.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #105
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanDa View Post
I wonder where to get a replacement ball… I don't think a tempered ball like that can befound everywhere. It is probably not that versatile if you can't get differentsized balls for different trailers.
Even if there are not different size balls, how many people have a second different size ball for say a Reese Dual Cam or Blue Ox? Probably not many as most like me probably have a few different drop shanks with different size balls for our horse trailer, snomo trailer and flat deck.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Even if there are not different size balls, how many people have a second different size ball for say a Reese Dual Cam or Blue Ox? Probably not many as most like me probably have a few different drop shanks with different size balls for our horse trailer, snomo trailer and flat deck.
yea you are probably right
Old 03-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #107

I was in Algonquin park last year and my frame brackets came loose on my E2. I was lucky I had good neighbours with some tools. I didn't have enough and it would have been a long drive back to civilization to get what I needed. All stocked now after that!

Point being its not the hitch but the install. I havent had a problem since.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #108

I purchased the hitch and used it on a weekend trip. Wow it sure did work good, super quiet and did not bounce on the rough roads. I had this delivered to my door for $375.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #109

Thanks Zues, out of curiosity what size TT are you using this with and what is your TV?

Thanks
Scott
Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #110

I'm thinking about buying the Anderson WD hitch to replace my Equalizer. I need upgrade my equalizer because I'm right at the 1,000/10,000 limits with the new TT we bought last year and the Anderson says it takes almost all the bounce out and that has been problem with me is the bounce on concrete roads. So far the Anderson has good reviews from the few I found searching the internet.

http://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
Closed Thread