Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #111
camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogan View Post
Thanks Zues, out of curiosity what size TT are you using this with and what is your TV?

Thanks
Scott
how about a picture......

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #112

I have a 24 foot streamline trailer and a 2009 Dodge Ram Truck

Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #113

Back from my trip!

Well let me start by saying the Anderson does take out the bounce, It's as smooth as silk.BUT 25 to 30 mph wind on the Xspressway,combined w/ big rigs passing at a higher speed,WILL CAUSE SWAY!!! If I hadn't worked the manual brake for the T/T We might have been in real trouble. Understand that I am use to 5th wheels so for all I know, those conditions may cause most any hitch to sway. We came home via back roads still windy, but no problem at all. I will talk to Mr Anderson today about this and post the response. Could very well be something I did wrong or could be my TV (Dodge Dakota)TT is 2604. Lacy
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #114
Moderator Emeritus

BIG LACY, not sure what year Dakota you have, or what cab/bed configuration, but some of those wheelbases are listed as low as 111", or as much as 131". Even at 131", that is a lot of trailer for a Dakota.

Have you done fender measurements with the Anderson to make sure you are getting enough weight back on the front axle of your Dakota ??

Also, make sure you keep at least 10% of the total trailer weight on the trailer tongue. With that sized truck 12% or more might be better.

Keep us posted on what you find out from Anderson.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #115

Followed Directions

I did all the measurements,rear was 1" lower than front end,T/T was level, but she was a little sensitive, so I let it down(less tension) and it was much better. My Dakota is the tow ready for up to 7200 lbs. it is the club cab w/ magnum option and 133" WB. I called and spoke to a lady who promised a call back from someone Knowledgeable about this hitch,she said 15 min. but no call yet.I do suspect that I probably don't have enough truck. Will post results later. BL
Old 03-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #116
President ProPride, Inc.

If your truck engine is not laboring to pull the weight of the trailer you do have enough truck.

-
Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
If your truck engine is not laboring to pull the weight of the trailer you do have enough truck.

-

not only do you have to pull it you need enough truck stop it and need enough truck have control of the truck and TT.

http://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post

-
Thanks Sean, I was thinking it was the truck, but it does not labor at all, I was surprised at how easy it handled the 2604. By the way I talked to Ryan at Anderson and they are sending a new unit,he said it was not theTV also. I mentioned to him that the ball was loose when I unhooked from it and I was able to lift the ball right out easily , he said they are actually pressed in at the factory and that it should only get tighter not looser.
New one is on the way I will post results after I try new one. Got to say customer service seems to be top notch. Lacy
Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #119
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post

not only do you have to pull it you need enough truck stop it and need enough truck have control of the truck and TT.

The tow vehicle does not stop the trailer. The trailer brakes stop the trailer.

A good hitch will control the trailer without over relying on the tow vehicle for the control.

The truck, of course, should be stable enough to control itself.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #120

From my experience, what you need in a TV is engine, frame and rear suspension. This is shown in the GCVW and maximum payload. The best WD won't help at all if the only thing your rear end can take is a trip to the grocery store.