This is what I did to eliminate the problem with the frame brackets sliding forward, without drilling, welding, or altering the trailer frame. I bought longer bolts for the safety chains, 1" square aluminum tubing, and 5/8" bolts to bolt into the pre-drilled/threaded holes on the frame brackets. The aluminum tubing keeps the frame brackets from sliding forward.
I am not sure if I am distributing any weight, or not. The trailer is a 3 horse aluminum horse trailer, the truck is an F-350 Super Duty DRW. The truck is more than enough to pull the trailer and, according to the trailer dealer, a weight distribution hitch is unnecessary even with the trailer loaded to gross weight. The measurements to the top of the fenders without the trailer hooked up were 41-3/8" on the rear and 38 - 1/2" on the front. Hooking up the trailer squatted the rear end to 40-3/8", but the front stayed the same. 6 full turns of the adjusting nuts on the hitch lifted the rear end to 40-7/8", the front stayed the same. That is as tight as I dare tighten them, as the aluminum tubing appears as if it will twist and bend if I tighten it any more. I used aluminum so that it would not rust, but may have to change and use steel tubing. The trailer was empty, and loading it with 3 horses, tack, hay, etc. could change the tongue weight significantly.
As I recall, this thread started with some one asking if anyone had any experience with this hitch. I have yet to tow anything with it. My observations are these... 1.) I think the manufacturer could and should do more testing and have data available to prove their design concepts. 2.) The design presents some problems for some like me, who does not want to alter the frame by drilling into it. 3.) The design has a nice neat look to it and appears revolutionary, but only time will tell if it really works. If I had it to do again, at least based on what I know now, I'd buy one of the proven designs.