Old 02-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #11
All I do to unhitch is to jack up the tongue,loosen the big nut on the bushing,unscrew the clevis pin and drop the chains.Pull the hitch out and throw it in the side box of the TT.No grease no mess and most important no hitch to bang your shin on.LOL.

DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
We have a 2014 work & play 30wrs and it has over 1,000# tongue weight. I have not got the scale readings to prove how much it will load the front axle, however, I can tell you, no one will ever get hit with a bar trying to load up the bars. The hitch is also dead quiet and the sway control is great. I feel like we get enough weight on the front axle as our F250 does not squat and once we got the hitch set it pulls like a dream. As far as how fast you can hook up, I would bet it is faster. I just found the number of turns on the nut that works and then took my socket and marked it so I can use it like a ruler alongside the threads and away we go. I would say if you were a small person or a woman it would be much safer to connect than bars. If you are trying to take a TV with a weight that is nearly at capacity you might be a little more difficult to get level, but, if you have any working room you would be happy. there is also no greasy mess and it stores in a really small area.

Scott Colegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #13
Thanks everyone for the info. I seen this at my local Rv show last weekend. It's not a bad price for it.

2012 F150 ecoboost crew cab, 157WB, 3.73 rear axle,max tow & heavy duty payload
2012 Surveyor 305
2012 Nights Camped 50
2013 nights camped 27
2014 nights camped
BigJohn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #14
We have the same hitch and its so easy to set up and take off even my 5 year old boy can do it, literally. He wanted to help and I let him tighten and loosen up the chains. normally i stand on one side and my wife stands on the other side so i dont have to go to each side. i ended up not using the supplied socket but went and bought an open ended wrench to tighten and loosen it up.

jawga is offline   Reply With Quote

sway, weight