Old 02-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #21
Glad to hear another positive Andersen hitch story. They are an excellent choice for towing a 5th wheel. Unless you need a very heavy or expensive hitch, the Andersen is the way to go.

2012 Crusader 26RLD, 2000 F-350 4X4 7.3.
Hayes Autoformer, Correct track, Maxxis 8008E,
Andersen Aluminum hitch.
Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #22
I also have the Andersen hitch bought my new 5er last month. I wanted the Reese goosebox. But wasn't avaible at the time so I went with the Andersen my dry weight aprox 14k. I first saw the hitch was not very interested but saw all the very positive reviews and was very worried about the bouncing. But I pulled it home and across very ruff highway and roads felt very little at all to none was very surprised I love it easy as can be to hook up and unhook.i wouldn't go with any other hitch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1456344230719.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	100301  

2011 dodge RAM 3500 Cummins
2016 coachmen chaparral 371mbrb
Alex.mcintosh40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #23
I have been using the Hensley BD3 for several years and am happy with it. The Andersen ultimate really intrigues me, would like to try before I buy but I don't think that would be possible. I have not read anywhere that anyone has switched to the Anderson after using the Hensley, now that would be a revue to read. Still looking for someone close by that has and would be willing to let me "try" the Andersen for a 20 mile test. The difference in hitch weight appeals to me.

2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, hitch, wheel